Swiss Roll (Cake Roll). Swiss roll is made by rolling a thin sheet of sponge cake spread with jam into a log shape. Usually served in slices, the result is a spiral of cake layered with jam. To make a Swiss roll you need to bake a large, flat sheet of sponge cake.
Consisting of a sponge cake wrapped around a filling (commonly jam, whipped cream or icing) to reveal a distinctive swirl pattern as you cut through the cake. Cut a sheet of greaseproof paper to fit the base of the tin exactly. Brush the paper with a little more oil, then dust with caster sugar and flour. You can have Swiss Roll (Cake Roll) using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swiss Roll (Cake Roll)
- It’s of ■ sponge cake (35cm × 24cm, 14×9.5 inch).
- Prepare 5 of eggs (M size), 250g.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 90g.
- It’s 3/5 cup of cake flour, 80g.
- It’s 3 Tbsp. of milk.
- You need 1.5 tsp. of honey, 10g.
- It’s of ■ cream.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/3 cup heavy cream, 300ml.
- Prepare 1.5 Tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- It’s of about 1 Tbsp. condensed milk, 20g.
- You need of about 1.5 tsp. honey, 10g.
- Prepare of about 1 tsp. brandy.
- Prepare 10 drops of vanilla essence.
- It’s of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
A Swiss roll, jelly roll, roll cake, cream roll, or Swiss log is a type of rolled sponge cake filled with whipped cream, jam, or icing. The origins of the term are unclear; in spite of the name "Swiss roll", the cake is believed to have originated elsewhere in Central Europe, likely Austria. A nod to the classic childhood favorite, this chocolate cake roll combines light chocolate sponge cake with sweet vanilla whipped cream and chocolate ganache. Rich and totally irresistible, this dessert is for chocolate lovers everywhere.
Swiss Roll (Cake Roll) step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbtCO6Ax8Wo&t=16s.
- 【preparation】①Line a baking tray with parchment paper. ②Boil water in a large pot. ③Sift flour. ④Preheat a oven to 392 ºF..
- 【preparation】⑤Warm milk and honey together. (microwave 600 W 30 sec.) Mix it well..
- Lightly beat egg. Add sugar and mix well. Warm it with hot water while mixing until it gets to body temperature..
- Take it out of the hot water. Whip it with hand mixer on high speed. If it becomes heavy, whip on low speed to change big bubbles into small bubbles..
- Whip well until it falls smoothly and its trace remains for a moments. Add milk and honey and mix well on low speed..
- Add the flour in 4 parts while sifting it again and fold it each time. After putting all the flour, fold further..
- Fold until it falls smoothly and its trace soon disappear. (If its trace remains, fold more. Make it loose than normal sponge cake batter.).
- Pour it into the baking tray and spread it with a dough scraper. Bake it at 356 ºF for 15 minutes..
- Drop the tray to prevent the cake from shrinking. Take the cake out of the tray and cool down..
- Whip heavy cream while cooling with ice water. Add condensed milk and honey when it has thickened. Add brandy and vanilla essence when it form soft peaks..
- Peel the parchment paper from the cake. Spread the whipped cream on the cake. Thin the cream of the edge..
- Roll it through plastic wrap. Push the cake into the cream a little. Lift the middle of the plastic wrap and push and roll..
- Re-wrap it in a parchment paper. Let it sit in a fridge overnight. (If you let it sit overnight, the cake will be get more moist.).
- It's all done. (If you warm a knife, you can cut it cleanly.).
Turn cake out of tin on to greaseproof paper and gently peel away backing paper from sponge. The best damn swiss roll cake recipe you'll ever try! 🙂 Ingredients needed to make this vanilla swiss roll cake. The ingredients as well as the techniques for making swiss roll are important for consistent success. It's best to understand the purpose of all the ingredients and techniques so that you get foolproof results. This swiss roll recipe uses a.