Steamed Bread Pudding. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. In a bowl, combine egg, milk, corn syrup, sugar, baking soda and spices. Cook the shallots, garlic, apple and sage in butter over a low heat until the shallots are translucent.
Instructions In a large bowl, combine eggs and condensed milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder, if using, mix well. Remove the bread pudding from the steamer. Serve the Steamed Bread Pudding just as it is, or with some vanilla custard. You can have Steamed Bread Pudding using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Bread Pudding
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of low fat milk.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of vanilla essence.
- You need of breads.
- You need of raisins.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of For the sauce :-.
- It’s of Custard Flour.
- It’s of Evaporated Milk.
- You need of Sugar.
- You need of Vanilla Essence.
- Prepare of water.
After the hour squeeze out all of the water well. Add the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking powder, suet, raisins, currants, beaten egg to the bread and add in a little milk if required. Steamed puddings need not be made quite as moist as the mixture for baked puddings – for, when baked, the dry air of the oven absorbs moisture. A mixture of half breadcrumbs and half flour, instead of all flour, will give you a slightly lighter, though more crumbly pudding.
Steamed Bread Pudding instructions
- Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over teared bread and let sit for 10 minutes..
- In another bowl, pour melted butter then pour prepared breads into it. Sprinkle with raisins. Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour..
- For the sauce: Mix together the granulated sugar, custard flour, evaporated milk, water and vanilla essence in a saucepan. Mix it well before stir it over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted and the sauce is thicken..
- Pour the sauce over the bread pudding. Serve warm or cold..
Recipes where this mixture is recommended are marked with an asterisk*. Have now made three using this recipe. Stand the pudding on the upturned bowl in your saucepan. Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the side of the pudding basin. Set over a medium heat and bring to the boil.