Chocolate Cake (Pound cake). Low Prices on Girls Birthday Cakes. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Our Gluten Free Sponges are great for birthdays & all celebrations! Friends following gluten free diets will not miss out on cake or taste!
Beat well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Unlike traditional American layer cakes or sheet cakes, pound cakes have a dense, rich texture and a crisp crust. Made with simple ingredients like butter, flour, sugar and eggs, pound cakes are large, heavy cakes that don't rise as much as other cakes. You can have Chocolate Cake (Pound cake) using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake (Pound cake)
- You need 5 oz of unsalted butter (room temperature).
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs (L size, room temperature).
- It’s 4.5 Tbsp. of almond flour.
- You need 5-6 drops of vanilla oil.
- You need 4/5 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 3.5 Tbsp. of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1.8 oz of couverture chocolate.
- You need 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- It’s of ※unsalted butter for coating on the pan.
How to Make Chocolate Pound Cake. Dissolve Coffee Granules: In a medium bowl, dissolve the coffee granules into the hot water. When dissolved, stir in the buttermilk. This will give you a very thick glaze to generously cover you cake.
Chocolate Cake (Pound cake) step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ic_VelF-M.
- Preheat a oven to 392 ºF. Coat a loaf pan with butter and sprinkle bread flour on. Let the pan sit in a fridge. Sift cake flour and cocoa powder and baking powder together..
- Put chocolate (small pieces) in a bowl. Boil water in a pan. Turn off the heat and put the bowl on it. Wait 30 seconds as it is. Please don't put the bowl directly in hot water..
- Melt it evenly. Let it cool to room temperature..
- Make the butter smooth. Mix granulated sugar with a whisk in 3 parts. Mix until it turns white and becomes fluffy..
- Beat egg lightly until it gets watery. Add the egg to the batter in 4 parts. Mix well each time. (Please use eggs of room temperature to prevent the batter from separating.) Mix it until it gets smooth and becomes a little hard..
- Mix almond flour while crushing lumps. Mix vanilla oil..
- Put the melted chocolate and mix well. (Please put the chocolate of room temperature so that the butter won't melt.).
- Put the sifted dry ingredients all at once. Fold it until powderiness disappears..
- Add chocolate chips and fold roughly. (Leave some of the chocolate chips.) Put the batter into the pan without gaps..
- Put the remaining chocolate chips on the top. Bake it at 338 ºF for 40-45 minutes. Drop the pan to prevent the cake from shrinking. Cool it down as it is for about 10-15 minutes..
It's made with deep, dark Dutch process cocoa and a bit of espresso to really kick the chocolate flavor up a notch. And while the cake is on the denser side, as pound cakes typically are, it bakes up deliciously moist and fudgy. This cake is going to tempt your taste buds like no other. Chocolate Pound Cake is the "little black dress" of cakes, the epitome of elegant simplicity. This perfect pound cake melts-in-your-mouth with big chocolate flavor!