Matcha Swiss Roll (Matcha Roll Cake). Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Swill Rolls, or Roll Cakes (ロールケーキ) which we call in Japan, are a type of sponge cake filled with whipped cream, buttercream, custard cream, and sometimes include fruits like strawberries. Just like any other desserts, we do have Matcha Swiss Roll (抹茶ロールケーキ) and it's always a popular choice in Japan. Combine the cake flour and matcha green tea powder and lightly mix in a bowl.
This matcha swiss roll recipe with white chocolate is created by original GBBO winner and expert baker Edd Kimber. Here's Edd's insider baking knowledge: On a recent trip to Japan it seemed as if every department store and bakery had a version of this cake. Matcha has a strong flavour that can be a little overpowering on its own but when paired with white chocolate it mellows out for a. You can have Matcha Swiss Roll (Matcha Roll Cake) using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matcha Swiss Roll (Matcha Roll Cake)
- You need of Inside measurement of baking tray 36.5 cm x 25.5cm × 2.5cm / 14.4''× 10'' × 0.1''.
- It’s of ■Matcha Sponge Cake（35×24ｃｍ / 13.8 × 9.4 in）.
- Prepare of ・ 4 eggs (LL size).
- Prepare of ・ 85g (3 oz, 2/5 cup) granulated sugar.
- Prepare of ・ 12g (2.5 Tbsp) matcha powder.
- Prepare of ・ 15g (1.3 Tbsp) granulated sugar (for matcha).
- You need of ・ 3 Tbsp hot water.
- Prepare of ・ 50g (1/5 cup) milk.
- It’s of ・ 70g (3/5 cup) cake flour.
- You need of ■ ''KOSHI-AN'' paste.
- It’s of ・ 200g (7 oz, 1.5 cup) KOSHI-AN.
- Prepare of ・ 2 Tbsp milk.
- It’s of KOSHI-AN : sweet azuki bean paste / red bean paste.
- It’s of ■ Cream.
- It’s of ・ 200g (200ml, 7 oz, 9/10 cup) heavy cream.
- Prepare of ・ 1 Tbsp granulated sugar.
- It’s of ・ 5 drops of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
To make the roll cake, add the milk and matcha to a small pan and whisk together until smooth. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat, then remove from the heat and set aside. Place the egg yolks into one bowl and the egg whites and cream of tartar into another. This delicious Matcha Swiss Roll Cake is a fluffy light matcha cake spread with luscious matcha whipped cream and red bean paste.
Matcha Swiss Roll (Matcha Roll Cake) step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/8JxEPVjBwh4.
- 【Matcha Sponge Cake】Put 15g (1.3 Tbsp) granulated sugar in a small bowl. Strain matcha powder and put in the bowl. Mix well..
- Add 3 Tbsp hot water and mix well..
- Add milk and mix well. Carefully crush small lumps with spatula..
- Preheat an oven to 210℃ / 410ºF. Prepare hot water to warm egg mixture. Sift cake flour twice..
- Beat egg lightly until it becomes watery. Add granulated sugar and mix lightly. Warm it in the hot water until it reaches body temperature..
- Whisk it with a hand mixer on high speed. Whisk until the trace of the dropped batter remains for a moment. Whisk it for a minute on low speed..
- Add matcha mixture while mixing on low speed. After all mixed, whisk it for a minute on low speed. Mix the batter of the end to make it evenly..
- Add the flour in 3 parts while sifting it again. Fold it. After all added, continue to mix for 3 min..
- Mix it until the trace of the dropped batter gets blurred soon. Pour it into a baking tray. Flatten it. Drop the tray to remove big bubbles..
- Bake it at 180℃ / 356 ºF for 18 min. Drop the tray to prevent shrinkage. Let it cool..
- 【 ''KOSHI-AN'' paste】Mix well sweet azuki bean paste and warmed milk..
- 【Cream】Put heavy cream in a bowl. Add granulated sugar. Whip it with a hand mixer on low speed while cooling with ice water. Whip it until it starts to thicken..
- Put it out from the ice water. Add vanilla essence. Whip it with a whisk until soft peaks form. A whisk can make the cream smoother than a mixer..
- 【Spread the cream and roll.】Peel off the lining paper from the sponge. Spread a plastic wrap over it and turn it upside down. Put the azuki bean paste on it and spread..
- Put the whipped cream on it and spread. Thin the cream of the edge. Roll it tightly at first. Lift the plastic wrap and push and roll..
- Wrap it with parchment paper and then wrap it with plastic wrap. Let it sit in a fridge for overnight to make the sponge moist. It's all done!.
It's super simple to make and will definitely be a crowd pleaser if you serve it up at a party or dinner! Swiss Roll (roll cake) is my dad's favorite cake. Sometimes also called roll cake, it typically consists of a thin sponge cake that gets rolled around light and airy whipped cream, creating a beautiful swirl. Matcha roll is actually a combination of cottony soft sponge cake rolled with fresh cream and cooked adzuki beans (red beans). It is so soft and moist that the cake is gone the very moment you slice it for serving.