Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake). This Classic Earl Grey Tea Is A Blend Of Exquisite Ceylon Teas Scented With Bergamot Oil. Create The Perfect Cup Of Tea – Guaranteed To Satisfy Any Tea Enthusiast! Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online.
Place the sponge cake on a cooling rack to cool down. Add the tea leaves and heat it to extract the tea flavor. Refer to Earl Grey Tea Aroma Black Tea Cream -! You can cook Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake) using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake)
- Prepare of Inside measurement of baking tray 36.5 cm x 25.5cm × 2.5cm / 14.4''× 10'' × 0.1''.
- You need of ■Earl Grey Sponge Cake（35×24ｃｍ / 13.8 × 9.4 in）.
- You need of ・ 4 eggs, LL size (240g, 8.5 oz).
- It’s of ・70ｇ (1/3 cup) granulated sugar.
- It’s of ・50ｇ(1/5 cup) milk.
- It’s of ・10ｇ (1.5 tsp) honey.
- It’s of ・8g (4 tsp) earl grey.
- Prepare of ・80ｇ (2/3 cup) cake flour.
- You need of ■Earl Grey Cream.
- You need of ◎200ｇ (9/10 cup) milk.
- It’s of ◎4ｇ(2 tsp) earl grey.
- You need of ◎2 Tbsp hot water.
- Prepare of ◎40ｇ (1/5 cup) granulated sugar.
- Prepare of ・200ｇ (9/10 cup) heavy cream.
- It’s of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
The sponge cake was light and airy. If Earl Grey is your favorite tea blend, you may enjoy their Earl Grey Swiss Roll. We felt that the sponge cake was not as light and airy as the others but the citrusy filling was really rich! Overall, it was a lovely afternoon with delicious cakes and hot drinks!
Earl Grey Swiss Roll Cake (Black Tea Cake) step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/HT1HsvsTfiI.
- (ingredients ◎) Make earl grey flavored milk paste for cream. Put earl grey in a small bowl. Pour 2 Tbsp hot water into it. Cover the small bowl with plastic wrap and leave it as it is. Warm milk on low heat for 2-3 min while stirring. Add the earl grey tea you put in the small bowl to the milk. Mix it roughly..
- Place a lid on and leave it for 10 min. Strain it with a tea strainer. Put it back in the pot..
- Add granulated sugar. Heat it on medium heat for 20 min while mixing. Heat it until it gets thickened enough to see the bottom of the pan. Strain it. Let it cool as it is..
- 【Earl Grey Sponge Cake】Put Earl Gray on a paper towel. Put a new paper towel on it. Crush the earl grey with a rolling pin to make it powder-like..
- Put milk and honey in a small bowl. Sift cake flour twice. Preheat an oven to 210℃ / 410 ºF. Prepare hot water to warm egg (low heat)..
- Beat egg lightly until it becomes watery. Add granulated sugar and mix lightly. Warm it in the hot water until it reaches body temperature. Put it out of the hot water..
- Let the milk and honey warm in the hot water (extremely low heat). Whisk the egg mixture with a hand mixer at high speed. Whisk until the trace of the dropped batter remains for a moment..
- Whisk it for 2 min on low speed to make bubbles same size. Add the earl grey powder to the milk and honey. Mix lightly and let it cool as it is..
- Add the cake flour to the cake batter in 3 parts while sifting again. Fold it 15-20 times each time. Mix the cake batter of the end and bottom..
- And then, fold it 50 times. It will get smooth and glossy. Put a small amount of the batter in a small bowl..
- Put the milk and earl grey mixture in the small bowl. Mix well. Put it back in the cake batter..
- Fold it 50 times. Mix bottom of the cake batter sometimes. Drop the bowl lightly 10 times to remove large bubbles..
- Pour it into a baking tray. Drop the tray lightly several times. Bake it at 180℃ / 356 ºF for 15 min..
- Drop the tray to prevent shrinkage. Take the cake out of the tray. Let it cool..
- 【Earl Grey Cream】Put the earl grey flavored milk paste (process4) in a bowl. Add heavy cream to it in 5 parts. Mix it until it becomes evenly each time..
- Whip it on low speed while cooling with ice water. Whip it until it becomes heavy. Take it out of the ice water and whip it with a whisk. Whip it to soft peaks..
- 【Assemble cake!】Place new parchment paper on top of the cake and turn over the cake. Peel off the lining paper from the sponge cake. Place plastic wrap on and turn over the cake..
- Cut off the edge at an angle. Apply the cream. Roll the cake and plastic wrap together at the beginning. Roll it up tightly at the beginning..
- Lift the plastic wrap and push sometimes and roll. Wrap it with parchment paper. And then wrap it with plastic wrap completely. Let it sit in a fridge overnight to make the sponge moist..
It was inspired by one of the blog's most popular cakes: the chai spiced cake. Light and fluffy sponge cake with a silky smooth cream filling. This is the guide to creating the perfect swiss roll cake with a milk tea cream! Creating the perfect swiss roll cake has always been a struggle for me. There were problems rolling it into the perfect shape, problems with cracks, problems with cream oozing… and the list goes on. 🍀 New recipe – 🧋 Milk tea swiss roll.