Caramel bread pudding. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics.
To make the bread and butter pudding, scatter some of the dried fruit into the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Melt the butter over a medium heat. Brush the bread slices generously with the. You can cook Caramel bread pudding using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel bread pudding
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 8 of slices of white bread (with crusts removed).
- It’s 1 liter of whole milk.
- It’s 1 of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of raisins (optional).
- It’s dash of of cinnamon powder.
Combine water and brown sugar; pour over bread. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over bread. Bread Pudding is one of the easiest and delicious desserts you can make. Also, it is the best way to use any leftover slices of bread.
Caramel bread pudding instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Heat 750ml milk in a pan and add 1 cup of sugar. Heat the milk at medium low, only until the sugar dissolves. Reserve remaining milk to add in the bread mixture; to adjust the desired consistency..
- Add 1 cup sugar to a heavy bottomed pan with 2 tablespoons of water and caramelize the sugar. Butter the baking dish with a pantry brush and pour the caramelized sauce to it. Spread the sauce all over the edges. Refrigerate the baking dish for 10 minutes for the sauce to set..
- In a large mixing bowl add the bread slices, milk sugar mixture, vanilla extract, raisins (optional) and the eggs. Stir and mash the mixture until the bread slices are super smooth..
- Pour the mixture on the top of the caramelized sauce in the baking dish. Create a double boiler by keeping the baking dish on a large baking dish. Fill the large baking dish halfway through hot water..
- Cover the small baking dish with aluminium foil and let it cook for 50 minutes. After that remove the aluminium foil and the double boiler and bake for 15 minutes . Baking is done when the knife inserted in the pudding comes out clean. Give it a 30 minutes to set. Use a plate to remove the pudding from the dish..
It's creamy, slightly firmer and not too sweet compared to a traditional Leche flan. The taste is almost like Caramel bread pudding is a hearty sweet bread recipe that's perfect for an appetizer at potlucks or a dessert. Made with a homemade caramel sauce that simply melts into the bread, this caramel bread pudding will have everyone who tries it begging for more. Bread pudding comes in all shapes and sizes. Gently stir bread cubes into the egg mixture to coat.