Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro). Slice Red Cabbage, prepare mango salsa and make the chipotle mayo. Blend together. **can substitute hot sauce for chipotles. Heat corn tortillas in a pan on the stove in some oil to wake them up.
Stir together mango, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, onions and jalapeno in a medium bowl; set aside. Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over cod. Season the fish pieces all over with salt and pepper and coat with the flour. You can have Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro) using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro)
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Corn Starch.
- You need of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Salt Pepper.
- You need of Egg.
- Prepare of Beer.
- It’s of White Fish.
- Prepare of Red Cabbage.
- Prepare of Mango Salsa (mango, pineapple, onion, tomatoes, red pepper, ginger, lime, cilantro).
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Chipotles.
- Prepare of Mayo.
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- You need of Lime.
- It’s of Corn Tortillias.
Working in batches, dip the fillets in the beer batter and coat on both sides. Fry in the hot oil until golden brown. Stir mango, avocado, tomato, red onion, red pepper, parsley, canola oil, brown sugar, lime juice, cider vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt, and ground black pepper together in a bowl. When you're ready to fry the fish, prepare the beer batter by whisking together the flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Fish Tacos (beer battered cod w/ mango salsa, chipotle mayo, red cabbage, cilantro) instructions
- Add together dry ingredients: 3/4 cup of flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch, 1 tsp of baking power, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper. Whisk together..
- Add egg and whisk and add 1 cup of beer (modelo/or a light beer). Add this to the dry ingredients and whisk all together. Let this batter sit for 1-2 hours before cooking..
- Slice fish into proper sizes for the tacos. Let them dry on paper towels in the fridge..
- Prepare toppings. Slice Red Cabbage, prepare mango salsa and make the chipotle mayo..
- Chipotle mayo: add 2-3 chipotles from can to 1 and 1/2 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1 tsp of lime juice. Blend together. **can substitute hot sauce for chipotles..
- Heat corn tortillas in a pan on the stove in some oil to wake them up..
- Heat oil to 350-375 F..
- Add fish to batter and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until the batter is golden brown. Let dry on baking rack or paper towels.
- Add all together and enjoy a simple and tasty taco! Top with some lime and cilantro!.
Slowly pour in the beer, whisking all the while. Then dip the fish into the beer batter. Place the tortillas on a flat surface and fill the center of each with some of the fish, red cabbage slaw, smoked tomato salsa and avocado relish. Top with some hot sauce and cilantro leaves, then. Crispy Fish Tacos with a cod fried with a light and crispy beer batter topped with slaw, crema and salsa is the perfect handheld summer meal.