Garlic Clove Eggplant with Tofu. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Check Out Garlic Clove On eBay. Add oil and whole garlic cloves. Discard whole cloves then increase heat to high and heat oil until smoking.
Channel the eggplant and wipe it off with paper. Toss the cut eggplant in the cornstarch, then shake off any excess. Repeat with the remaining eggplant and the tofu. You can have Garlic Clove Eggplant with Tofu using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlic Clove Eggplant with Tofu
- You need 2 of Chives.
- Prepare 2-3 of Chinese Eggplant.
- It’s 1-2 of Firm Tofu.
- It’s 3-4 Tsp of Unbleached Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn Starch.
- You need 2 tsp of Panko Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 2-3 of Assorted Vegetable.
- It’s 3-5 Tsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 6-8 Tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2-4 Tsp of Aged Chinkiang or Shanxi Vinegar.
- It’s 4 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Ground Beef or Pork (optional).
A vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free, Asian-Inspired dish of tofu and eggplant cubes in a garlicky sweet and sour thick glaze. Fry the eggplant for a minute, then remove and drain on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Add the chili, ginger, garlic, and continue to cook until aromatic. Add in the prepared eggplant and sauce, then quickly stir to combine.
Garlic Clove Eggplant with Tofu step by step
- Allocate an assortment of vegetables..
- Obelisk the carrot by chopping in two at its bent fulcrum, then flatten the faces. Dice into cubes..
- Toast base vegetables until lightly brown. Turn off heat..
- Steam eggplant lightly before adding to wok/pan. It doesn’t take much, you’ll have plenty more steam in the sauce to finish the job..
- Bread tofu by using two bowls: (One) egg, and (Two) flour, panko, and a fraction corn starch. Stir until evenly distributed. Soak tofu thoroughly in egg, raise up until free of drip, and powder coat before frying. Use tongs to let drip before piling onto wok/pan..
- Prepare wok sauce by using two bowls: (One) 4 tsp sugar with 1/3 cup water, stir with spoon until dissolved. Add an even mediocre snowy sprinkle of corn starch to the mixture. Mix in, but most importantly, stir directly before adding sauce to wok or pan to ensure consistency. (Two) Soy Sauce, vinegar, salt, and thin layer sesame oil. Combine both into compound mixture..
- Be generous with sesame oil. Reheat pan/wok to moderate high temperature, evenly stirring delicately. Ensure an even lubricated contents of pan/wok to prevent sticking to the surface. Finally, when pan/wok is hot, pour sauce evenly over contents. Stir on high, evaporating the liquid in the sauce until the corn starch leaves a gooey mixture. Don’t be afraid to add more sesame oil, if needed. Voila!.
Heat a non-stick skillet until hot. Place the tofu slices in the skillet and cook until browned. Heat a non-stick wok and add the eggplant. Add minced garlic and eggplant slices and cook until eggplant starts to soften, stirring frequently. Add tofu cubes and miso sauce and stir until sauce is evenly distributed.