Garlic Clove Eggplant with Tofu. Add oil and whole garlic cloves. Discard whole cloves then increase heat to high and heat oil until smoking. Mix quickly to break up the salt and add the eggplant pieces.
Whisk the reserved sauce to recombine and dissolve the cornstarch, and add it to the pan. A vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free, Asian-Inspired dish of tofu and eggplant cubes in a garlicky sweet and sour thick glaze. In the hot pan, add the garlic, red pepper flakes, celery, salt and the Soy Sauce. and stir constantly. You can cook Garlic Clove Eggplant with Tofu using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlic Clove Eggplant with Tofu
- It’s of Chives.
- It’s of Chinese Eggplant.
- You need of Firm Tofu.
- You need of Unbleached Flour.
- Prepare of Corn Starch.
- Prepare of Panko Bread Crumbs.
- It’s of Assorted Vegetable.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Sesame Oil.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Aged Chinkiang or Shanxi Vinegar.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Ground Beef or Pork (optional).
Remove from oil and let drain on the same plate as the tofu. While the eggplant is cooking, make the sauce. Add the sauce to the eggplant. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil and add in the mashed tofu.
Garlic Clove Eggplant with Tofu instructions
- Allocate an assortment of vegetables..
- Obelisk the carrot by chopping in two at its bent fulcrum, then flatten the faces. Dice into cubes..
- Toast base vegetables until lightly brown. Turn off heat..
- Steam eggplant lightly before adding to wok/pan. It doesn’t take much, you’ll have plenty more steam in the sauce to finish the job..
- Bread tofu by using two bowls: (One) egg, and (Two) flour, panko, and a fraction corn starch. Stir until evenly distributed. Soak tofu thoroughly in egg, raise up until free of drip, and powder coat before frying. Use tongs to let drip before piling onto wok/pan..
- Prepare wok sauce by using two bowls: (One) 4 tsp sugar with 1/3 cup water, stir with spoon until dissolved. Add an even mediocre snowy sprinkle of corn starch to the mixture. Mix in, but most importantly, stir directly before adding sauce to wok or pan to ensure consistency. (Two) Soy Sauce, vinegar, salt, and thin layer sesame oil. Combine both into compound mixture..
- Be generous with sesame oil. Reheat pan/wok to moderate high temperature, evenly stirring delicately. Ensure an even lubricated contents of pan/wok to prevent sticking to the surface. Finally, when pan/wok is hot, pour sauce evenly over contents. Stir on high, evaporating the liquid in the sauce until the corn starch leaves a gooey mixture. Don’t be afraid to add more sesame oil, if needed. Voila!.
Pan-fry tofu until golden brown, then push to the side of the pan. Add tofu, and stir gently without breaking the tofu cubes. Fry until the sides of tofu cubes are slightly brown. Add eggplant strips, green pepper, red pepper, and a pinch of salt. Toss the cut eggplant in the cornstarch, then shake off any excess.