Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake. Find the perfect cake for any celebration, including birthdays, anniversaries, and more. Grain free, premium quality cat food, delivered to your door. It is a light and spongy cake because of the whipped eggs whites in the cake batter.
This Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake is soaked with evaporated coconut milk & sweetened condensed coconut milk to make a dairy-free version of this classic Latin American dessert. The paleo vanilla sponge cake is deliciously moist and topped with whipped coconut cream. It is dairy-free with a vegan option. You can cook Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake using 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 of large eggs, separate whites from yolks.
- You need 1 cup of sugar, divided.
- It’s 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 12 oz of can of evaporated milk.
- You need 14 oz of can of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whole milk.
- It’s of Whipped Cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Ground cinnamon (for topping).
- It’s of Fresh strawberries (optional).
Tres Leches is a traditional cake from Mexico. It gets its name from the "three milks" that you blend together and pour on top until the cake soaks up all the moist, sweet deliciousness. Tres leches is perfect for a gluten-free cake, because the milks overcome the shortcomings gluten-free cakes sometimes have in the dry, crumbly department. Tres Leches Cake, Gluten-Free-adapted from The Pioneer Woman website.
Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside..
- Separate eggs into two separate bowls – one for eggs whites, the other for egg yolks..
- In large mixing bowl, mix 3/4 cup of sugar and egg yolks together on high speed until yolk are pale yellow..
- Add 1/3 cup milk and pure vanilla extract to egg yolk mixture and combine on low speed..
- Pour egg yolk mixture over flour mixture and stir just until ingredients are mixed..
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed, adding the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar gradually. Beat egg whites until stiff peak forms..
- Fold egg white mixture into batter gently.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 pan. Smooth the top of the batter..
- Bake cake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Check the center of cake by inserting a toothpick..
- Remove from the oven and allow cake to cool completely..
- Combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk in small bowl..
- Use a fork to poke holes in the top of completely cooled cake..
- Pour milk mixture over the cake – and don't forget the edges!.
- Refrigerate cake for at least five hours.
- When ready to serve, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and pure vanilla extract until stiff peak forms..
- Smooth whipped cream on top of the cake, sprinkle it with ground cinnamon and top with strawberries, if you'the like!.
Well, it has been quite some time since I posted a new recipe. Lifes been a little busy lattely with working a new job, trying to finish my degree, and being a mom all of which has gotten in the way a bit from my baking, but not today! Today I made this delicious gluten free tres leches. Fold in the vanilla, extract, orange zest, cinnamon, sorghum flour, masa harina, baking powder, xanthan gum, and milk. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl with a handheld mixer), cream the butter, confectioner's sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.