Indonesian style red fried rice (hot). Heat a wok or large frying-pan over a high heat until it is hot. Add the oil and, when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, prawns, onion, ginger, shrimp paste, salt and pepper. Rinse rice in a large sieve and drain well.
It's more flavourful than regular fried rice with the addition of shrimp paste, fish sauce, tamarind and a few other goodies. Topped with a runny fried egg (those crispy edges are a must!), this classic Asian meal makes a great family dinner. When you're in the mood for street food at home, this is the one to go for. You can cook Indonesian style red fried rice (hot) using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian style red fried rice (hot)
- It’s 5 cups of steam rice (I use jasmine).
- You need 8 tbs of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fish oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 5 pcs of garlic minced.
- You need 1 cup of chicken dice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shimps mince.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of mushroom stock.
- You need 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of red thai chili.
- It’s of Green onion.
- You need of Garnish.
- It’s of Fried egg, fried shallot and cucumber or salad.
Add the oil to a hot pan and fry the other half of the onion until soft. Add the shredded chicken and the puree. Add the spring onions and coriander. Divide the hot rice between four bowls.
Indonesian style red fried rice (hot) step by step
- Add vegetable oil to a pan. Place garlic there, saute till smell good. Add chili, shrimps and chicken till perfectly cooked. Add steam rice and all sauces..
- Taste it before served hot..
Top with the cucumber, sliced omelette and a few peanuts if liked. Indonesian-Style Fried Rice with Sesame Fried Eggs. TIP: Charring the veggies gives your dish an extra bit of flavour. Method: Take grinding ingredients in a blender and crush lightly. Now heat oil in a kadai.