Easy Biscuits & Gravy. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! These biscuits are the perfect blend of rich coffee, dark chocolate and toasted nuts.
If the dough feels a bit sticky, add a little bit more flour and knead it in. Cut, by hand or with cookie cutters, to your desired shape. Using a palette knife, transfer the biscuits to a baking tray lined with baking parchment. You can cook Easy Biscuits & Gravy using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Biscuits & Gravy
- Prepare 8 of buttermilk biscuits.
- Prepare 16 oz of pork breakfast sausage.
- You need 2 2/3 C of milk.
- It’s 1/4 C of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion; minced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 2 t of herbes de Provence.
- It’s 1 t of poppy seeds.
- It’s 1/2 t of fennel seed.
- Prepare 1/2 t of celery seed.
- Prepare 1/4 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- You need 3 T of butter.
- It’s 1 T of butter; melted.
- Prepare of kosher salt & black pepper; as needed.
Add butter and sugar in a bowl and mix well until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, mix, then add the flour and mix well. Using biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray. Our biscuit recipes are easy to bake and perfect for enjoying with a cup of tea.
Easy Biscuits & Gravy step by step
- Heat a large, 2 inch deep saute pan. Drop chunks of pork into the pan. Season. Save 1/2 t of poppy seeds and 1 t of herbes de procence. Sear one side over medium heat without stirring for about 5 minutes..
- Add 2 T of butter and onions. Stir. Break up the chunks of sausage with a wooden kitchen spoon. Turn up heat to medium-high. Cook sausage for approximately 2-3 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked. Add garlic just before sausage is cooked..
- Bring milk to a simmer in a seperate saucepan..
- Reduce heat to low. Add milk to pan and stir. Add 1/2 t herbes de provence and a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer while biscuits are cooking..
- Lay biscuits out a sheet pan atop parchment paper. Brush melted butter atop each biscuit and sprinkle salt, pepper, herbes de provence, and poppy seeds. Bake at 375° for approximately 15 minutes..
- Slice open each biscuit and ladle gravy atop. Garnish with chives if desired..
- Variations; Buttermilk, sage, coriander, parsely, basil, oregano, marjoram, thyme, tarragon, star anise, cardamom, espresso powder, coffee, vinegar, corn, wine, bourbon, lavender, lemon zest, cayenne, chile powder, chives, scallions, leeks, ramps, shallots, habanero, celery, bacon, carrots,.
We've given the classic Florentine a chocolate covered biscuity base so they're perfect for dunking. Bake these classic shortbread biscuits to wow a crowd. Dip a fork in a little water and use this to flatten the biscuits. Lift off the baking tray and leave to cool completely on a wire rack. Prepare baking tray with cooking oil spray and baking paper.