Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe). Nilagang Baka is a simple Filipino beef soup. There are many ways to prepare Nilagang Baka; this Nilagang baka recipe that I am featuring is probably the tastiest among the versions that I know because I used some sort of mirepoix to infuse flavor to the soup – I'm talking about the addition of onion, celery, and star anise in the initial step so that the soup will be flavorful even before. What meat to use in beef nilaga.
How to cook nilagang baka: Boil the beef until tender with peppercorns and onion in a pot with the soup stock or the water with the dissolved. Add the carrots and potatoes and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Set aside In a stock pot with no water, simmer the onion with the beef on top until onion renders its juice and beef changes color. You can have Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe)
- You need 1 of kl or half beef shank and tendon, cut into serving pieces.
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes, quartered.
- You need 4 bunches of pechay.
- It’s 10 pcs of Baguio beans, ends trimmed.
- It’s 1 of small cabbage, quartered.
- You need of salt/fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of peppercorns.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
Add water to cover, garlic, and peppercorns. Great recipe for Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe). In English, nilagang baka literally means "boiled beef." This Filipino soup dish consists of beef brisket or shank , potatoes, pechay, Baguio beans, cabbage and corn 🥰 one of my favorite dish of Filipino comfort food. While simmering, remove dirty foam with a spoon.
Nilagang Baka 😍 (Filipino recipe) instructions
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion..
- Add beef, water, salt/fish sauce and peppercorns. Cover and boil until beef is fork tender (more than one hour)..
- Add potatoes, corn and cook until tender..
- Add Baguio beans, pechay and cabbage and season with salt/fish sauce..
- Serve with fish sauce, sili and calamansi.
Add beef cubes, banana, and potatoes and simmer until cooked Add fish sauce, cabbage and pechay Cover. Nilagang Baka Cooking Instructions: In a big casserole, place beef and pour in water the water level is just above the meat. Add enough water, beef cube & potatoes, continue to. Nilagang Baka ala Bulalo is a type of Filipino beef soup wherein chunks of beef are boiled with whole peppercorn and onion until very tender. Vegetables such as cabbage, bok choy, long green beans (also known as pechay Baguio), potato and corn can be used.