Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Check Out Thai Recipe on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Fillets of fish are stew in the curry.
Garnished with some fresh spinach and tangy zing by lemon juice makes it more delicious. You can serve it with your favorite rice at dinner parties or at lunch. Add the green paste and, stirring gently, continue to heat for five minutes or until the paste is cooked. You can have Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff
- Prepare 4 (6 oz) of pieces of haddock fish fillet (you can also use Cod and Halibut).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of shallots diced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of finely graded ginger.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of red curry paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of coconut milk (full of fat).
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of lemon grass stock pounded out cut in half.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
- You need 3 of scallions diced green parts only.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
Add the fish sauce, sugar and stock. Bring it all to a simmer, then add the chicken and, a couple of minutes later, the vegetables. Continue to heat until the chicken and vegetables are cooked. In the last minute of cooking add the lime juice, cilantro, and scallions to the sauce.
Thai Fish Curry Recipe – Wine & Dine with Jeff step by step
- Add your shallots, garlic and ginger to your saute pan with the grapeseed oil on medium heat saute for 3 minutes do not brown mixture. This is a one pan dish use a pan large enough to hold all the liquids..
- Incorporate the curry paste with the sauteed vegetables and saute for one minute..
- Stir in your wet ingredients coconut milk and chicken stock once incorporated add the brown sugar and fish sauce and simmer for 8 minutes the sauce will reduce about 1/2 cup..
- Cut root and stem off lemon grass and remove outer layers with mallet pound out lemongrass add to the sauce. After cooking remove lemon grass from sauce..
- Salt the fish fillets add them to the red curry sauce and place a lid on and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Very important note the sauce should not be on a rolling boil just a slight simmer for poaching the fish..
- In the last minute of cooking add the lime juice, cilantro and scallions to the sauce..
- Serve the Thai red curry fish on your favorite rice or saute some fresh spinach with garlic and olive oil and serve on top of the spinach..
Add the spinach, coconut milk, fish and soy sauces and bring to the boil. Add the remaining curry paste, coconut milk, water, fish sauce, and sugar. Add the veggies and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the fish. Quick Thai red fish curry recipe.