Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread). Cheap hotels, holiday lettings, bed and breakfasts, motels, inns, resorts and more. Find the best deal to fit your budget with KAYAK Hotel Search. Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) This is a very popular Kerala/Tamil Nadu street food made with malabar paratha (south indian bread made with all purpose flour /maida).
Here is how you can achieve that. Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) step by step. Prepare the frozen parotta as per the instruction. You can have Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread)
- You need of medium sized malabar parotta (I used sumeru frozen parotta).
- Prepare of chopped onions (purple or white).
- Prepare of /2 cup chicken curry gravy (Please check out my recipe for "Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry".
- Prepare of minced ginger.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Prepare of large eggs.
- You need of chopped cilantro.
- It’s of crushed black pepper.
- It’s of red chilly powder.
- You need of curry leaves.
- You need of salt as required.
- Prepare of lemon/lime juice.
You may prepare fresh parotta as well. Chop the parottas into small pieces and keep it aside. In a pan add few tsps of coconut oil. Add minced ginger -garlic into it and mix everything well.
Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) step by step
- Prepare the frozen parotta as per the instruction.You may prepare fresh parotta as well. Chop the parottas into small pieces and keep it aside..
- In a pan add few tsps of coconut oil. When the oil becomes hot, add 1 cup of chopped onions and sau·té it well. Add minced ginger -garlic into it and mix everything well. Next add chilly powder, chopped cilantro,curry leaves, crushed pepper powder. Sau·té everything well for a minute or so till the raw smell of masala goes..
- Add two eggs,mix well. Wait for the eggs to cook a little bit (3/4 cook). Add the chopped parotta pieces into this.Add a pinch of salt.Mix everything well..
- Add half cup of chicken curry (gravy) into the parotta mixture and mix well. Please checkout my chicken curry recipe here https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/706475-kerala-style-spicy-chicken-curry?ref=channel..
- Remove bones from the chicken pieces if any and cut/mince the chicken pieces(from the curry).Add this to the masala mixture..
- Mix everything well.Add more salt if required. Squeeze some lemon juice on top.The parotta peices needs to be soaked a little bit in the masala mixture..
- Serve hot..
Egg kothu parotta is made by tearing porotta into small pieces and then mix with onions, eggs and masala powders. 'Kothu' means chop the parottas into small pieces. It can be used as a teatime snack or nalumani palaharam. Serve hot with Cilantro & Mint Raita. Kothu Parotta or shredded flatbread tossed in spicy veggies, eggs, or chicken is a famous South Indian cuisine, especially in Tamil Nadu. 'Kothu' means shredded or minced, and Kothu parotta recipe is all about shredded parotta tossed in fried vegetables or chicken or salna. Egg bread kothu: This is a very interesting and simple dish that we can make within minutes.