Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice. Enjoy This Easy Chicken Dish By Combining Lemon & Pepper Seasoning For A Delicious Taste. This Recipe Combines Two Of McCormick's Most Popular Flavors For The Ultimate Chicken. Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice Lyndsey The Cozy Kitchen Keynsham, Bristol, United Kingdom Mystery Bag Challenge – Ready Steady Cook for the fried lollipops.
Drop the lollipops, few at a time, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. It is fried to perfection until crispy and best served with sweet chilli sauce. Keep an eye on the lollipops to make sure that the glaze doesn't burn. You can have Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice
- You need 4 of chicken drumsticks.
- It’s 1/2 of a mango.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown rice.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s of chilli powder, mild (as much as you can handle.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare pinch of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of wholegrain mustard.
- You need tsp of honey.
You're looking for that perfect caramelization of the barbecue sauce on the outside with a crisp skin to give a little texture. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds, sliced chilli and fresh coriander. Serve with the mango salsa and extra lime wedges for squeezing over.
Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice instructions
- First get your brown rice on the go, it takes longer than white. Cook it as per the packet instructions but cook it in chicken stock not plain water,.
- Next get your chicken drumsticks and trim away any meat, skin or sinew away from bone where you would normally hold the drumstick so that it looks like a meaty lollipop. Then pat dry and coat in the chilli powder, salt and pepper..
- Heat oil of in a large wok and when its ready to get frying gently place your drumsticks, turning every few minutes to avoid burning..
- Whilst your rice and chicken are cooking 1/2 your red onion, slice 1 half into long strands and pop on a low heat with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and start to caramelise in a pan..
- Then onto the salsa. In a blender pop your mango, red pepper, mustard, remaining red pepper and 1/2 lemon juice and blitz until small chunky salsa..
- Once your rice is cooked plate up with the onions on top and squeeze some lemon over the top. pop your salsa next to it..
- Remove your cooked lollipos from the wok and place on some kitchen paper to get rid of any excess grease. pop some kitchen foil on the ends of your drummers and place on top of rice and salsa and drizzle with honey..
Chilli chicken is an Indo chinese appetizer made of crisp fried chicken bites tossed in sweet & spicy chilli sauce. This restaurant style chilli chicken is the best you can make at home with minimum ingredients. It makes a great appetizer and a party snack. Serve it with noodles or fried rice. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.