Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice. Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice Lyndsey The Cozy Kitchen Keynsham, Bristol, United Kingdom Mystery Bag Challenge – Ready Steady Cook for the fried lollipops. Marinate the chicken lollipops with egg, cornflower, flour, salt and pepper. Once done, bring the oil to heat for deep-frying.
Keep an eye on the lollipops to make sure that the glaze doesn't burn. You're looking for that perfect caramelization of the barbecue sauce on the outside with a crisp skin to give a little texture. On a clean board, use a sharp knife to slice the chicken between the skewers. You can cook Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice
- Prepare of chicken drumsticks.
- It’s of a mango.
- It’s of red pepper.
- You need of red onion.
- Prepare of lemon.
- It’s of brown rice.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- It’s of chilli powder, mild (as much as you can handle.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of wholegrain mustard.
- Prepare of honey.
Check that it's cooked and if it needs another minute or two, simply put it back on the barbecue. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds, sliced chilli and fresh coriander. Serve with the mango salsa and extra lime wedges for squeezing over.
Crisp Chilli Chicken lollipops, Mango, Red Onion, Pepper, Lemon Salsa & Caramelised Onion Brown Rice instructions
- First get your brown rice on the go, it takes longer than white. Cook it as per the packet instructions but cook it in chicken stock not plain water,.
- Next get your chicken drumsticks and trim away any meat, skin or sinew away from bone where you would normally hold the drumstick so that it looks like a meaty lollipop. Then pat dry and coat in the chilli powder, salt and pepper..
- Heat oil of in a large wok and when its ready to get frying gently place your drumsticks, turning every few minutes to avoid burning..
- Whilst your rice and chicken are cooking 1/2 your red onion, slice 1 half into long strands and pop on a low heat with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and start to caramelise in a pan..
- Then onto the salsa. In a blender pop your mango, red pepper, mustard, remaining red pepper and 1/2 lemon juice and blitz until small chunky salsa..
- Once your rice is cooked plate up with the onions on top and squeeze some lemon over the top. pop your salsa next to it..
- Remove your cooked lollipos from the wok and place on some kitchen paper to get rid of any excess grease. pop some kitchen foil on the ends of your drummers and place on top of rice and salsa and drizzle with honey..
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cut the chicken into thin strips then coat in the egg wash and flour. Shallow fry for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown. Add the peppers and fry for another couple of minutes. In a medium bowl, combine mango, tomatoes, onion, lime juice, and cumin.