Moist Chocolate Cake (Easy Recipe). Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Hand-made Sponge Cakes delivered all over the UK, next day delivery available.
Grease one large or two medium baking tins. Sieve flour and cocoa into a bowl and stir in sugar. In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. You can cook Moist Chocolate Cake (Easy Recipe) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moist Chocolate Cake (Easy Recipe)
- You need 225 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 350 g of castor sugar.
- It’s 85 g of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk.
- You need 125 ml of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 250 ml of boiling water.
- Prepare 200 g of plain chocolate – we use 100g Green&Black Milk, and 100g dark.
- Prepare 200 ml of double cream.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour cake mixture into prepared tin. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
Moist Chocolate Cake (Easy Recipe) step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 2 20cm baking tins. All we had was 1 square glass dish, hence the three layers and the square shape!.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture well until its smooth and combined..
- Add the boiling water, little at a time, until smooth..
- Divide the batter between two cake tins, and bake for 25-35 minutes..
- Meanwhile make the icing: heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove it from heat, and whisk until smooth and thick. Set aside to cool for about 2 hours, or until thick enough to spread. My partner skipped this step, and just poured it over the cake! Still yummy though!.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely before icing it! To ice, remove the cakes from the tins. Either pour or spread a little icing on the top of one of the cakes, then carefully top it with the other cake. Finally, cover the entire cake with icing and serve!.
Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt at low speed using the wisk wire. Once combined add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Put the cocoa powder and boiling water into a large bowl and mix well to make a paste.