Meat Sauce. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Add the crushed tomatoes, marinara sauce and tomato paste. Stir to combine, and then add the sugar, salt, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper if using and bay leaves.
Use it in our Famous Lasagna. The BEST Homemade Meat Sauce has both beef and Italian sausage. It's perfect in lasagna or on spaghetti, and it comes together with easy pantry ingredients. You can cook Meat Sauce using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat Sauce
- You need 1.5 Lb of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 of Small Onion (diced).
- It’s 28 Oz of can crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 2 Tbs of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbs of Roasted Garlic and Peppers seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
This made-from-scratch spaghetti sauce is worth getting excited about. First of all, it beats anything out of the jar. The sauce starts out with a mixture of ground beef, ground pork and ground veal, which is sometimes labeled "meatloaf mix"; it's browned along with onions and garlic, and basil is thrown in for flavor. A good dose of red wine is stirred in to give the sauce some body and a little oomph.
Meat Sauce instructions
- Cook ground beef in skillet, I add enough water so it turns into a paste like texture. Constantly work the beef so it will cook into small pieces. Drain and rinse beef after it is fully cooked..
- Add all ingredients to the skillet and cook on medium heat until it starts to bubble. Turn to low and simmer for 10 minutes..
Meat sauce with a wonderful blend of spices to pour over your choice of meat, macaroni salad, or home fries. A Rochester, New York original and a must-have. Add diced onions, ketchup, and mustard if desired. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, carrots, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. In a large saucepot, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat.