Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella. Heat the olive in a large fry pan. Add your ground meat, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, dried basil, salt and pepper. In a large sauce pan, heat marinara sauce, butter and cream on low heat.
A family favourite Italian Dinner Recipe. I don't think I have eaten a dish I didn't like! This fettuccine and Meat Sauce is one of my favourites and one that probably brings back the most memories. You can cook Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground meat (I chose turkey – you choose what you like).
- Prepare 2 of tsps garlic powder (or 2 large cloves garlic minced).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil (if you prefer fresh, I’d recommend you use it to garnish at the end).
- It’s 2 of tsps dried oregano (or 1 Tbsp fresh).
- It’s 2 of tsps dried thyme (or 1 Tbsp fresh).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 20 oz of (or 2.5 cups) marinara sauce (homemade or jarred – whatever makes you happy 😊).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- You need 1.5 cups of shredded low-moisture whole milk mozzarella (I really recommend shredding your own – but no judgement).
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of fresh whole milk mozzarella – cut into 1” cubes (aw, yeeeeeeaah!).
- You need 10 oz of fresh fettuccine (or whatever pasta you like – it all tastes the same).
- You need of Parmesan cheese to taste (please use fresh and not from a can – Parmesano Reggiano will change your life).
- You need of Fat to grease your 9×13 or 3 quart casserole dish (bacon fat is amazing – or butter / olive will work).
- Prepare of Beverage of your choice.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add cream and. Directions Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. Break it up with a wooden spoon, then add the.
Baked Fettuccine with Meat Sauce and Tons-O-Mozzarella instructions
- Heat the olive in a large fry pan. Add your ground meat, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, dried basil, salt and pepper. Brown meat and set aside..
- In a large sauce pan, heat marinara sauce, butter and cream on low heat. Add cooked meat and simmer on low for about 10 mins or so. Ooooooh, that’s niiiiiiicccee…….
- Wait, you need a refill 🍷🍷🍷. And to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Cook pasta until just underdone. Drain and add to your meat sauce. Now toss and then sip 🍷.
- Put about half of the sauced pasta into your baking dish (for ribbon pasta, kitchen tongs really help). Top with 1 cup of the fresh mozzarella. Then add remaining sauced pasta and top with shredded mozzarella. Now top with remaining fresh mozzarella. Take a pic and celebrate – yeah, baby!!! Dinner is in work!!.
- Bake for about 30-45 mins. If the cheese is getting brown too quickly, remove from oven, loosely tent with foil and return to the oven..
- Once it’s ready (melted, browned cheese and everything is thoroughly heated through), remove from oven and let cool for about 10 mins (unless you’re into burning all of the skin off of the roof of your mouth)..
- Now, refill (🍷) and enjoy!!.
A delicious pasta and chicken dish with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. Use the dry packaged sun-dried tomatoes instead of the tomatoes packed in olive oil. The sauce can be kept, covered, for one day in the refrigerator; heat again over low heat. Try it with some crusty bread if desired. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.