Mini Caramel Custard Tart (Custard Pudding Tart). Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! 【For Mini Tart Crusts】Brush the muffin mold with butter. Let it sit in a fridge.
From the English classic wobbly custard tart to a squashy Portuguese pastel de nata – nothing beats a custard tart. Have a go at two easy recipes from Paul Hollywood – a classic custard tart and a. Line the pastry case with the stuck together cling film, then fill with baking beans. You can cook Mini Caramel Custard Tart (Custard Pudding Tart) using 24 ingredients and 26 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mini Caramel Custard Tart (Custard Pudding Tart)
- You need of For Tart Crust.
- It’s 55 g of (1/4 us cup, 1.9 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 50 g (5.5 Tbsp) of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 20 g (1.5 Tbsp) of beaten egg, room temperature.
- It’s 20 g (3.5 Tbsp) of almond flour.
- It’s 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- You need 105 g (3.7 oz) of cake flour.
- Prepare of beaten egg for brushing on the crust.
- It’s of For Custard.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 30 g (2.5 Tbsp) of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 70 g (4.7 Tbsp) of milk.
- It’s 70 g (4.7 Tbsp) of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 g (1 tsp) of powdered gelatin.
- You need 1 Tbsp of water, for gelatin.
- It’s 3 drops of vanilla oil.
- You need of For Caramel Jelly.
- Prepare 60 g of (3/10 us cup) granulated sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of water, for adding to sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of water, for adding to cooked caramel.
- Prepare 2 g (2/3 tsp) of powdered gelatin.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of water, for gelatin.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s of whipped cream.
The best egg custard tart I have ever made and tasted. Cheap and easy to make, too. This custard tart is a hit as a perfect dessert every time, as my pop got me to take one every time we had a family gathering. Strain the custard base using a sieve or strainer.
Mini Caramel Custard Tart (Custard Pudding Tart) instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→youtu.be/4j85z_hnGj4.
- Muffin mold (27×18×3.5cm, 10.6×7×1.4 in) 1 cup Height : 3.5 cm, upper diameter : 7 cm, lower diameter : 5 cm 1 cup Height : 1.4 in, upper diameter : 2.8 in, lower diameter : 2 in.
- 【For Tart Dough】Beat an egg lightly until it gets watery. Prepare 20g (1.5 Tbsp) for the tart dough. (Let the remaining egg sit in a fridge. I'll brush the tart crust with it later.).
- Sift powdered sugar; set aside. Sift cake flour twice; set aside. Cream the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar in 3 parts. Mix well each addition..
- Add the egg in 3 parts. Mix thoroughly after each addition until creamy. Add vanilla oil and mix well..
- Add almond flour, and mix well while crushing lumps until combined. Add all the flour at once. Mix it while cutting it, scooping sometimes. Mix it until the lumps form like this (3rd photo)..
- Place it on plastic wrap. Press lightly to flatten. Repeat folding and pressing 4-5 times until smooth..
- Square it, and wrap with plastic wrap twice. Refrigerate overnight..
- 【For Mini Tart Crusts】Brush the muffin mold with butter. Let it sit in a fridge. Take the tart dough out of the fridge, leave it for 10-15 mins to soften. Prepare 6 sheets of 16 cm (6.3'') square parchment paper..
- Press the tart dough lightly and soften a little. Divide the dough into 6 parts. Roll each to achieve a rounded ball..
- Put a ball on parchment paper, and put plastic wrap over it. Roll out the dough into 11cm (4.3'') circle..
- Cut out a circle with a 10.5 cm (4'') mousse ring. Roll out and cut out the remaining 5 balls in the same way. Refrigerate for 20 mins..
- Cut the circle pastry into a fan shape (about 1/5) like this, and remove it out. Gently place the pastry in a muffin cup. Line the cup with the pastry while pressing the side gently. Line each cup with the remaining pastry in the same way. (If it gets too soft, please cool it once.).
- Prick the bottom of each pastry with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 mins. Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374 F. Line the pastry cups with paper muffin cases. Fill the inside with tart stones..
- Bake it at 170℃ / 338F for 13 mins until the edges just begin to brown. Remove the tart stones and paper cases. Bake it for another 12-15 mins until the center of the pastry is golden..
- Let it cool for 5 mins, and brush the tart bottom with beaten egg. Brush and close holes to prevent custard filling from flowing out. Dry it at 200℃ / 392F for 2 mins. Let it cool for 5 mins, and take the tart out from the mold gently. Let it cool; set aside..
- 【For Custard Filling】Soak gelatin in the water; set aside. Please put water first and sprinkle gelatin over to prevent unevenness. Add granulated sugar to egg yolk, and stir well until combined. Add heavy cream and milk while stirring. Stir well for a min..
- Add vanilla oil, and stir well. Pour the mixture into a small pot. (Prepare ice and a bowl; set aside.).
- Warm the mixture for 2-3 mins over low heat while stirring until the steam begins to come out. After turn off the heat, stir for a min to prevent unevenness. Add the gelatin, stir well to melt it thoroughly. (If it doesn't melt, warm it over extremely low heat.).
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bowl. Let it cool with ice water. Stir it sometimes, and cool it down to 25℃/ 77F..
- Strain the mixture and pour it into each tart cup. Refrigerate them for 2-3 hours to set..
- 【For Caramel Jelly】Soak gelatin in the water; set aside. Put the granulated sugar and 2 Tbsp water into a small pot. Cook it over medium heat..
- When the edge becomes yellow, move the pot from time to time. When it becomes golden brown or steam comes out strongly, turn off the heat. Add 2 Tbsp water. Please be careful not to burn yourself as the hot caramel will splash..
- Move the pot until the caramel becomes smooth. (If lumps form, warm it over low heat until smooth.) Add the gelatin, stir well to melt it thoroughly. (If it doesn't melt, warm it over extremely low heat.).
- Strain the caramel. Place a sheet of paper towel gently on the top and take off the sheet slowly to remove the scum. (omissible) Cool it down to 35℃/ 95F..
- Pour it over the chilled custard. Refrigerate them for 1-2 hours to set. Top with whipped cream. Done!.
Dark and sticky caramel, sweet apples and crisp pastry combine to make this heavenly French dessert. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. Sprinkle each tart with a little grated nutmeg. Perfect for using up leftover egg yolks to make custard and to practice your shortcrust pastry skills. Click through to my blog for the full recipe! #custard #custardtarts #minicustardtarts #homemadecustard #shortcrustpastry #howto #homemadepastry #homemadepiecrust #homemade #pa
ulhollywood #minicustardpies #nutmeg #easycustard #.