Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice. Looking for how you make shrimp fried rice? Content updated daily for how you make shrimp fried rice Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps.
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice Step By Step. Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. You can cook Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice
- You need 400 gr of cooked rice, put in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
- Prepare 3 of small shallots, minced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 of lemon grass, white parts, thinly sliced (optional).
- It’s 2 of green onion, separate the white and green part, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 5 of eye bird chili/Thai chili/jalapeno (omit if do not like spicy), thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 tbs of dried shrimp/anchovy, chopped (can use anchovy paste or anchovy from a can).
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare as needed of ground white/black pepper,.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt.
- It’s of Accompaniments (optional) :.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Roasted duck (left over from dinner).
There are many ways to make fried rice. And there are many names given to fried rice according to the ingredients that you put inside it. There are nasi goreng cina, nasi goreng kerabu, nasi goreng ikan masin, nasi goreng pattaya, nasi goreng ayam just to name a few. This version reminds me of how mum used to do it by first pounding the dried shrimp and chili to bring all the flavours together.
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok..
- Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Stir for a minute..
- Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult. Sprinkle salt, sugar and ground pepper. Mix it well..
- Push the rice aside of the wok. Add 1 tbs oil in the wok. Pour the beaten eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs, then gather all of the rice into the middle of the wok..
- Mix thoroughly for another minute or two and give it a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle with green onion (the green part). Mix it..
- Transfer to a plate and put the accompaniments on the side. Enjoy!!.
You can use a heavy rolling pin in a mixing bowl. Season the rice with black pepper and chili. Add ½ of grated parmesan and the chopped cilantro, toss or stir to combine all ingredients. To plate, spoon the fried rice onto a plate and sprinkle the rest of the parmesan on top. Add a few fillets of white anchovies (optional, but makes it saltier and yummier) Be Brave and cook rice differently tonight.