Nigeria Fried Rice Recipe. Another Fried Rice Recipe How to Cook Nigerian Fried Rice [Video] It is so easy to prepare that you can even cook it every weekend in your own home. Eat the Nigerian Fried Rice with Moi Moi, Nigerian Salad or Coleslaw and you will feel like you are in paradise island. Are you ready to go on the Nigerian fried rice cooking spree?
Break up the clumpy rice before starting. Heat a large wok or skillet on medium high heat with about a tablespoon of canola or vegetable oil. From the type of rice to the vegetables, meat, and the flavorful stock, every ingredient distinguishes this lovely dish from the other types of fried rice. You can cook Nigeria Fried Rice Recipe using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nigeria Fried Rice Recipe
- You need of rice.
- It’s of green beans.
- It’s of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare of cksp Vegetable Oil.
- You need of chicken.
- It’s of Cow Liver.
- Prepare of Curry Powder.
- You need of medium sized carrots.
- Prepare of bulb onions.
- You need of Knorr cubes.
- It’s of thyme.
- It’s of fresh Pepper.
Forget the mainstream rice recipes, Nigerian cuisine is here to broaden your horizon in the kitchen. Pour a small amount of vegetable oil in a frying pan or wok, when it heats up, add the diced onions, fry for bit, add the diced hotdogs, fry till brown marks appear. Add the carrots, sweet corn and green peas, fresh paprika and fry for one minute. Add the first batch of the cooked rice and fry till every grain of rice gets a good fry.
Nigeria Fried Rice Recipe instructions
- Parboil white rice and set aside. dice onions, bell pepper, carrot, pepper and green beans and set aside.
- Dice liver into tiny chunks, spice and per boil once its cooked set aside; parboil chicken and spice and set aside once it cooked through you can either fry or grill.
- Set your cooking pot on fire, allow to dry, then pour in vegetable oil. Allow to heat then add the sliced onions stir for 1-2 minutes then add the chopped carrot and green beans, any of this two can actually go first..
- Stir for 1-2 minutes then add the curry powder, thyme and pepper; and stir till you are satisfied with the color. add the chopped liver, add 1-2 cubes of knorr then stir and taste.
- If you are satisfied with the taste then add the green pepper, stir, add the almost-done white rice, stir, cover your pot and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, you are done with fried rice..
- Serve fried rice with chicken grilled or fried..
Set pot on high heat and bring the water to a boil. Now, there are several methods of cooking Nigerian Fried Rice. Some recipes call for parboiling of the rice and then adding stock and veggies, then cooking till doneness. Others require cooking the rice, adding cooking oil and stock and then fried veggies then cook till desired doneness. For Nigerian fried rice, the main ingredients are raw rice, meat stock, seasoning, cooking oil, and mixed veggies while for Asian style fried rice, you need cooked white rice, eggs, oil, veggies and soy sauce.