Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos. This will help the pork mixture and vegetables to hold on firmly. Add heated pork mixture to tortilla and squeeze in a bit of lime juice. Add whatever fresh chilled additions you'd like.
A good squeeze of lime on each taco. Here's the majority of items you'll be needing. Roast and seasonings not pictured here. You can cook Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos using 29 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos
- It’s 1 (2.5 lb) of Pork Shoulder Or Butt Roast.
- Prepare 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Chicken Broth [use 1.5+].
- You need 1 of Mexican Beer.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Diced Green Bell Pepper.
- You need 1/2 of LG Diced White Onion [+ reserves].
- It’s 1/2 of LG Diced Red Onion [+ reserves].
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of Can Rotell [or more].
- You need 2 of Small Oranges [halved – divided].
- You need 2 of Limes [halved – divided + reserves].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves].
- It’s 1 of EX LG Jalapeño [+ reserves].
- You need 2 tbsp of Cumin [divided].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- Prepare 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of Can Tomiitillas [hand crushed].
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of Can Green Chilies.
- It’s 1 Head of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- It’s of ● Garnishes & Side Options.
- Prepare of Shreadded Cabbage.
- It’s of Sliced Radishes.
- You need of Sliced Avocados.
- Prepare of Lime Quarters.
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Red & Green Salsas [see my EZ recipes].
- Prepare Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s of Chilled Guacamole [see my EZ recipe].
- You need of Shreadded Cheeses.
- You need of Sliced Jalapeños.
- It’s of Warmed 6 " Tortillas [flour or corn].
In the meantime, chop your main pot ingredients, condiments/reserves and refrigerate. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium/high heat. Mike's Garlic Pork Machaca (Tender Pulled Mexican Pork Tacos) is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It's easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious.
Mike's Shreadded Pork Tacos step by step
- Here's the majority of items you'll be needing. Roast and seasonings not pictured here..
- Add1 1/2 boxes chicken broth, 1 bottle Mexican beer,1 tbsp Cumin, 1 halved lime, 1 halved orange and 1 two pound pork roast to a large pot. SImmer on high for 1 hour covered..
- In the meantime, chop your main pot ingredients, condiments/reserves and refrigerate until needed..
- After 1 hour, add your primary ingredients [everything except for reserves] and seasonings to your simmering pot. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours longer. Or, until pork is falling apart. Add reserved 1 tbsp Cumin last..
- Strain your solids from your broth and reserve both separately. Fork shred your pork roast. I reserve the fluids for the following day to rehydrate any leftovers..
- Place a small amount of your broth back into your shreadded pork, mix and seal tightly until ready to fry..
- Add some lard to a high heated pan. You're wanting to put a sear or char on one side of your pork mixture. Much like Carnitas..
- Add your pork mixture to your heated pan. Allow any fluids to dissipate and a char to form on the bottom. Add salt at this point if you'd like..
- To Construct Tacos: Smear 1/2 side of tortilla with sour cream and the other with guacamole. This will help the pork mixture and vegetables to hold on firmly..
- Add heated pork mixture to tortilla and squeeze in a bit of lime juice..
- Add whatever fresh chilled additions you'd like..
- Prepare tacos for service and offer lime wedges, green and red salsas as well as other fresh vegetables to the side. Enjoy!.
- My students also made FANTASTIC school lunches with all the sides out of this easy recipe too! Green & red salsas, cheeses, guacamole, tortillas, herbs, limes, shreadded cabbage, sour cream, meats – the works!.
They are fine and they look fantastic. Remove the foil from the pork and shred the meat, using two forks. Mix the pork well with the marinade and pan juices. Remove from pan and keep warm. In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender.