The Ultimate Walnut Caramel Cookie. Huge Range of Skinny Syrups: Chocolate Orange, Billionaires Shortbread, Salted Caramel. Choose Click & Collect Or Delivery. The particles from the walnut powder are large so it's better to sift at least twice.
I enjoy using my caramelized walnuts (such asfor various sweets and breads. I was able to come up with a great crispy and crumbly dough, so I decided to upload this recipe. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You can cook The Ultimate Walnut Caramel Cookie using 15 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Ultimate Walnut Caramel Cookie
- Prepare of Walnut Cookie Dough.
- You need 110 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 40 grams of Walnuts.
- It’s 40 grams of Powdered sugar (granulated sugar is ok).
- Prepare 80 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 small of amount Vanilla essence (or something similar) according to your taste (I used a small amount of almond essence).
- Prepare of Recipe ID: 1004211 "Cinnamon-Scented Caramelized Walnuts".
- It’s 60 grams of Walnuts.
- You need 10 ml of Water.
- It’s 20 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 medium of teaspoon Butter.
- You need 1 medium of teaspoon Honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Granulated sugar (for the topping).
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon (if you dislike cinnamon please omit).
Stir in milk and vanilla, then walnuts. Remove from baking sheets to cool. I decided to use them in these Caramel and Walnut Cookies, by adding chopped caramel chocolate pieces into my Outydse Soetkoekie (sugarcookie) dough, with chopped walnuts. The result was a delicious sweet, crunchy, nutty and almost condensed milk like cookie.
The Ultimate Walnut Caramel Cookie step by step
- Make the caramelized walnuts from "Cinnamon-Scented Caramelized Walnuts". If you dislike cinnamon, please omit it..
- As we are including walnuts in the cookies this time, go ahead and break the walnuts into smaller pieces. Please follow the amount listed in the ingredients..
- The walnuts used in the cookie dough should be ground into powder using a food processor or pestle & mortar. Instead of "almond powder" we are using "walnut powder"..
- Walnut powder will turn out like this. Because we are using raw walnuts, it will turn a bit paste-like when using a food processor, but it smells great!.
- Walnut powder can be purchased from "Tomizawa Shop" or from other baking specialty stores. You should also be able to find it available for sale online..
- If Step 3 is too much effort, then you may substitute 40 g of store-bought almond powder and go straight to Step 10..
- Combine the cake flour and the walnut powder and sift 2-3 times. The particles from the walnut powder are large so it's better to sift at least twice..
- Because the walnut powder will be somewhat paste-like in consistency with large particles, it is easier to use a rubber spatula and push the walnut powder through the sifter with the cake flour..
- After sifting 3 times, the walnut powder will turn into a beautiful fine powder together with the flour as in the photo..
- If you are using almond powder, combine it with the cake flour and sift once. Sift the powdered sugar separately for both almond and walnut powder..
- Separate 1 egg yolk from the whites. The egg whites can be stored in the freezer..
- Whip the butter, which was left at room temperature or microwaved, until creamy in texture..
- Add the sifted powdered sugar to the butter and whip until creamy..
- Add the egg yolk into the butter and whip some more..
- Add the walnut or almond powder in 2 batches to the butter mixture, and then add the essence. Switch to a rubber spatula and mix as though you are cutting the dough each time..
- Once the dough looks like this you may stop. The texture will be slightly crumbly. Remove the dough on the rubber spatula as you mix..
- Add the caramelized walnuts from Step 1 into the mixture and an essence of your choice. Mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula as though you are cutting through the dough..
- Knead the dough together firmly into an oblong shape and place it on top of some plastic wrap. (I put the dough together quickly by hand in order to avoid over-kneading.).
- Roll into a stick about 3 cm in diameter and wrap tightly with plastic.If not wrapped tightly here, it will be difficult to cut out the cookies later..
- Place in a freezer for 2 hoursto solidify. Remove from the freezer and cut the cookies a little less than 1 cm thick. Place them on a baking sheet..
- If the dough is too hard in Step 20, it may crumble while slicing. Check every 5-10 minutes to see if the dough has softened..
- I have a cheap knife that can be scorched over a flame. If you scorch your knife over the stove and slice at once from the top without going back and forth, the result will be a clean cut..
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180°C for 15-20 minutes. The time will vary according to your oven..
- If you over-bake, the texture will not come out well. Freshly baked cookies are BEST when you softly press the top and they are slightly soft to the touch. They will harden momentarily..
- The combination of the ingredients will result in a very crispy and crumbly texture. Freshly baked cookies are very fragile, so please take care!.
- I have ended up with this combination of ingredients after experimenting with tart dough. The dough is very crispy and crumbly to the point that, as a tart, it would break apart and not work..
- The caramel that oozes from the dough is delicious. It's the ultimate for someone like me who loves walnuts..
- The cookies will maintain the crispy crumbly texture for days when stored in an air-tight container. If you include silica gel, they'll keep even longer! They're great as a present!.
For the walnut crispy preheat a pan and roast the roughly chopped walnuts. Heat the sugar in another pan and let it caramelize. Scoop about ⅓ cup of cookie dough in a ball. The Ultimate Walnut Caramel Cookie Cake flour • Walnuts • Powdered sugar (granulated sugar is ok) • Butter • Egg yolk • amount Vanilla essence (or something similar) according to your taste (I used a small amount of almond essence) • Walnuts • Water Instructions. Mix the flour, cocoa, and baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside.