Carrot cake recipe. However, once iced with cream cheese frosting, they should be stored in the fridge. You can freeze an un-iced carrot cake for up to. All the joy of baking with healthier results!
The Cream cheese icing is also easy to make and really delicious. Feel free to reduce the amount of sugar in the cake if you prefer your cakes less sweet. Break the eggs into a large bowl, and lightly whisk using a fork. You can cook Carrot cake recipe using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake recipe
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 table spoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 2 of small carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 cup) of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
Whisk the oil, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and zest in a jug. Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg with a good pinch of salt in a bowl. Squeeze any lumps of sugar through your fingers, shaking the bowl a few times to bring the lumps to the surface. This take on luscious carrot cake by plant-loving chef Derek Sarno is the ultimate vegan Easter treat This is a great carrot cake recipe that is easy to make.
Carrot cake recipe step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius..
- Prepare the baking tin and set aside.
- Measure all the dry ingredients and set aside.Mix the flour and baking powder and shift it..
- Put the vegetable oil in bowl,add caster sugar and mix throughly (it doesn't require a lot of engergy) Add eggs and continue mixing it..
- Start add in the flour slowly as you mix until it is mixed evenly. Then add grated carrots to it.and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Put in the oven to bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes.then transfer it to a plate..
- Serve with hot African tea..
It calls for self-raising flour, carrots, walnuts and cinnamon – no other spices, pineapple, raisins, etc. The Cream cheese icing is also easy to make and really delicious. Feel free to reduce the amount of sugar in the cake if you prefer your cakes less sweet. Our best carrot cake recipes to make. A popular, simple-to-follow recipe which everyone should keep in their repertoire, try this softly spiced carrot cake steeped in sherry for an afternoon treat made in heaven.