Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Great Products On eBay.
Add in milk and stir until well mixed. With a spoon, drop the dough onto a greased baking sheet. Drop the biscuit mix by the spoonful onto the parchment lined baking sheet. You can have Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Prepare of Basics or Staples.
- It’s 2 cup of Self-Rising Flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 lb of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 of Italian Seasoning or Any Dried Herb.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove from heat and add parsley. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheddar cheese, and remaining garlic. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix flour and sugar in mixing bowl..
- Add cheese. Stir around to evenly mix cheese and flour. (I've also mixed with Monterrey jack cheese before, I just didn't have any today). Before adding the buttermilk, melt the butter in the pan (I use a glass baking pan). Put butter in pan, stick in oven to melt..
- Add cold buttermilk. Mix until just combined.
- Turn out onto floured surface, dough will be sort of wet and sticky. Sprinkle top lightly with flour. Pat out to about 1/2 inch thickness. Fold dough onto itself like a square, you know bottom, top and both sides to form a square. Pat out to 1/2 inch or so thickness. Cut however you like (ie. with with cutter or knife, you can even shape by hand).
- When putting in pan, turn biscuit on both sides to coat with butter..
- Sprinkle with seasonings. I sprinkler the powders first, then Italian seasoning, or dried herbs, other cheeses or cheese powders… You can do so much with this..
- Bake 15-17 minutes, can be longer or shorter depending on the thickness, and what you've added. Enjoy!!!!!.
- The basic dough is the first 3 Ingredients, after that, it's all you from there. I make them plain and eat the with honey and butter… Going to try adding apples and cinnamon in the near future…
- I cut the dough into squares so I didn't have to repat or reshape the scraps, and it's so much easier… Sorry I can be lazy, but they taste exactly the same, I promise, hehe!!!.
- It seems like a lot of steps but it's so not, I just tried to explain it to the best of my ability, to make it as easy as possible to understand, plus I talk a lot, haha. As far as the cheese, I grate approx. half of a 1lb. brick, so I'm really not sure of cup equivalent, but it's to your liking anyway, so be creative, have fun and enjoy cooking, just as much as you enjoy eating!!!!!.
- These are not healthy diet biscuits, well not the way I make them. I don't eat them a lot, so I have fun when I do….
Line the baking sheet with either a silpat or parchment paper. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Grate the butter and cheddar into the mix and toss to combine. Remove from oven and while still hot, brush more melted butter mixture on top. Love those Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?