Pesto Roasted Chicken. Use a small sharp knife to make a slit along the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Mix together the pesto and mascarpone, then carefully spoon a quarter of the mixture into each chicken breast and smooth over the opening to seal. Spread the onion out in roasting tin and drizzle with the oil.
Using your fingers, separate the skin from the chicken meat around the breast and legs. Push small amounts of pesto under the skin. Rub any remaining pesto over the skin and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. You can have Pesto Roasted Chicken using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pesto Roasted Chicken
- It’s of pesto.
- Prepare 1 of purple pesto recipe below. You may use regular basil in the recipe..
- Prepare 1 of whole chicken, average weight, 5 pounds.
To make the pesto, put the basil, garlic, toasted pine nuts and a pinch of salt and the food. Take the chicken breasts and smother them in the pesto on all sides. Also season the chicken with salt and pepper if desired. This recipe is so simple yet so tasty.
Pesto Roasted Chicken step by step
- Wash with cool water your chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels..
- Rub pesto all over the chicken, inside and out. You will need about 3/4 cup of pesto. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357141-pesto-sauce.
- Roast chicken in a preheated 425°F fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes. Lower oven to 350°F. Roast chicken for 20 minutes per pound. Chicken should reach 165°F. Let rest 20 minutes outside of oven..
- Carve and serve..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
I make it for my family with easy ingredients and it's ready in a flash. good with a salad, rice or even chips. Puff pastry is baked to a lovely golden brown with chicken. Home / Italian Recipes / Quick Pesto Chicken Recipe with Vegetables. Quick Pesto Chicken Recipe with Vegetables. This one-pan pesto chicken and vegetables is the perfect weeknight meal!