Simple Buttermilk Biscuits. Choose Click & Collect Or Delivery. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Pour in buttermilk, and gently mix until just combined. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. You can have Simple Buttermilk Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 6 tbsp of butter, cubed and very cold.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the butter with a pastry cutter or a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Alternatively, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Simple Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degees. Place flour, baking soda & powder and salt in food processed..
- I keep my butter in the freezer to get extra cold while gathering my other ingredients. Add butter to food processer and pluse 1-3 times until the mixture resembles coarse sand..
- Add buttermilk in batches, pulse after each addition of buttermilk. Stop pulsing when dough is just combined..
- Dump dough onto floured surface. Pat dough together, handling it as little as possible. Cut out biscuits, reuse the leftover dough by kneading a few times and patting out again. The biscuits made from rerolled dough will not be as fluffy as the first batch..
- Place biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden & fluffy..
- You can freeze these biscuits on baking sheet until frozen through. Place in storage bag to use at a later date. To bake from freezer, preheat oven to 400°F and bake for 20 mins..
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk; stir just until the dough clings together. Cut in the ice cold butter slices using a wire pastry blender, until the mixture has the texture of coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center and pour in the cold buttermilk.