Thai Style Pineapple Fried Rice. There's various versions of Pineapple Fried Rice around, but I think the best is Thai. The sweet, juicy pieces of pineapple goes so well with the savoury flavoured jasmine rice! Terrific side dish for tropical dishes, summer BBQ's and of course, with all things Thai.
This dish comes together very quickly, so be sure to have your ingredients (including chilled leftover rice) prepped in advance. Thai style pineapple fried rice served with prawns in a pineapple boat. Add cooked boiled rice and toss well. You can cook Thai Style Pineapple Fried Rice using 13 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Style Pineapple Fried Rice
- You need 1 cup of Pineapple , cut into small tidbits.
- Prepare 3 cups of Cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 of Shallots/pearl onions, finely sliced.
- It’s 2 of Garlic pods, finely minced.
- You need 1 of Green chilli-, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Frozen peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of Red & yellow capsicum, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Corn kernels.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Carrots , finely chopped.
- It’s 5 of Sausages, cooked and finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chicken stock.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- It’s As needed of Oil.
Then, add green onions, pineapple, toasted cashews, mixed veg, and previously cooked prawns/shrimp. Add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper, and some salt to the mix. Pineapple fried rice is different from other fried rice because it is the only fried rice cooked with fruits and curry powder. The addition of raisin and cashew nuts convince me that it will taste completely different from the yang chow fried rice that I have posted earlier.
Thai Style Pineapple Fried Rice step by step
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the shallots, garlic, & green chilli and saute until translucent. Add the veggies and cook until soft & done. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the cooked sausage bits and mix well. Add the chicken stock & pineapple and combine well for 1-2 mins. Add the cooked rice and stir fry until the rice is mixed with the sauce, pineapple bits, & veggies and has a uniform colour. Break up any lumps with a fork. Remove from flame. Serve hot and enjoy!.
Our vegetarian take on a Thai pineapple fried rice is truly mouthwatering. It uses Chinese soy to keep it vegan and vegetarian-friendly and relies on fresh Thai flavors—sweet pineapple, fresh cilantro, and a blend of pungent alliums—to round out the dish. Crunchy cashews add texture and some currants complete the balance of sweet and savory. Add the shrimps, Chinese broccoli, ham, and pineapple, and stir well. Thai pineapple fried rice uses jasmine rice whereas Chinese fried rice uses normal rice.