Thai fried rice and fish chili sauce. Learn The Best Collection of Recipes. Vast Collection of Best Recipes & Dishes From Famous Chefs. Push rice mixture to side of skillet.
Chilies and Fish Sauce Set the rice on a serving plate. Sprinkle ground pepper and cilantro on top of the fried rice. Serve hot with a wedge of lime, sliced cucumber, whole green onion and chili fish sauce. You can cook Thai fried rice and fish chili sauce using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai fried rice and fish chili sauce
- You need of For the thai fish sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of green, yellow and red capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 3 of large fish fillets, diced.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of grated ginger and garlic.
- You need 3 table spoon of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 table spoon of dark soy sauce.
- You need 3 pieces of habanero peppers finely choped.
- You need 3 table spoon of Chili oil.
- You need 3 table spoon of Olive oil/ vegetable oil.
- You need 1 table spoon of corn starch.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and seasoning.
- It’s of For the Thai Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of pre cooked long grain rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- You need 1/4 cups of spring onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of scrambled eggs.
- You need 3 of table spoons of dark soy sauce.
- You need 200 gram of cooking butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
When in Thailand in a Thai restaurant, you may see green onion s in a jar on the table. Rather than soy sauce like a traditional Chinese fried rice would use, Thai fried rice uses fish sauce. A sauce called, prik nam pla, which is fish sauce and Thai red chilis, is used in the dish. Thai fried rice gets it's unique flavor from the fish sauce, soy sauce and chili peppers.
Thai fried rice and fish chili sauce step by step
- Wash and clean every ingredient mentioned above.
- Set in an easy reach out bowls and align.
- Put your chili oil and olive/ vegetable oil on a non stick pan.
- Add the onions, garlic and sauté.
- Add the fish fillet, and habanero peppers, sauté for 4 minuites.
- Add the capsicum peppers, oyster sauce, salt and seasoning to taste.
- Add water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the corn starch with water to form a paste, add it to the cooking and stir for 1 minute till it thickens, and cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and serve.
- For the rice.
- Add cooking butter to the pan, and let it melt, add carrots, and sauté.
- Add the rice, scrambled egg, salt and seasoning to taste.
- Add the soy sauce and stir for about three minutes.
- Add the spring onions and turn off the heat.
The jasmine rice is a must! Pour off all but one tablespoon of the fat from the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Stir the fish sauce mixture, then pour over the rice. One of the things that really makes this fried rice Thai (from other types of fried rice from around the world), is that Thai fried rice is served with a wedge of lime on the side, and something known as prik nam pla (พริกน้ำปลา), which is a condiment of chillies and fish sauce to garnish the fried rice. This dish is loosely based on Thailand's ubiquitous fried rice dish, kao pad.