Thai Chicken Fried Rice #nonindian. Thai and Chinese fried rice are very similar since they are both typically made with rice, egg, protein, and/or vegetables. And while the exact recipe can vary greatly in both cuisines, the major difference is that Thai fried rice includes fish sauce and sometimes lime juice, giving it a Southeast Asian flavor. For a truly authentic experience, serve Thai Fried Rice simply with plain wedges of tomato and slices of cucumber.
With the cooked rice in a bowl, add the mushroom seasoning, soy sauce and sugar, and the corn ready for cooking. Heat the oil in a pan until hot and then stir fry the garlic until it releases its aroma. Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat until the oil begins to smoke. You can have Thai Chicken Fried Rice #nonindian using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Chicken Fried Rice #nonindian
- Prepare 250 gms of chicken thinly sliced.
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 6-8 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 10-12 of bird eye chilli.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sou sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- You need 1 of big onion sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of basil leaves.
- Prepare of Fried eggs.
Add the garlic and serrano peppers, stirring quickly. Stir in the chicken, bell pepper, onion and oyster sauce mixture; cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Thai Fried Rice with Chicken Thai Fried Rice with Chicken (khao pad gai – ??????????) is a very easy dish to make, and a great way to use up leftover rice. Difference between Thai and Chinese Fried Rice.
Thai Chicken Fried Rice #nonindian step by step
- Boil rice with oil & salt. Strain & keep aside.
- Marinate thinly sliced chicken in 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce & pepper & set aside..
- In a mortar pestle pound garlic, bird eye chilli & a pinch of salt into a rough paste & keep aside..
- In a bowl make stir fry sauce. Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce & sugar. Mix & keep aside..
- Deep fry eggs & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add onions & cook for a minute. Add garlic & chill paste & cook for a minute. Add marinated chicken & stir fry till chicken is well cooked. Add sauce mix & mix well. Add salt, pepper & rice & mix all well. Lastly add basil leaves & give it a mix. Remove from heat. To serve divide rice among serving plates. Serve with crispy fried egg, lime slice & sliced cucumber on the side..
If you've never had Thai Fried rice, then you might be wondering how it's different from Chinese Fried Rice. The overall preparation is the same, but the Thai version uses golden mountain seasoning sauce, and topped with a spicy fish sauce. Add rice, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce, and stir-fry, mixing gently. When well mixed, add shallots, basil leaves and cilantro; cook another minute or so, and serve. If you desire, serve with lime wedges, chile sauce, fish sauce, or soy sauce at the table.