🍅Tomato soup with chickpeas (vegetarian)🍅. Discover a world of plant-based flavor here. This vegan chickpea tomato soup was pretty simple to make, and went together very quickly. I started off with cooking some onions and garlic to give the broth some flavor.
This pairs amazingly with fresh basil and a few (hah, a few) slices of cheesy, gooey garlic bread for dipping. So creamy, so soothing, and so full of deeply developed flavors. Add the diced fresh tomatoes, fresh parsley and thyme, chickpeas and curry powder and stir through for a minute or two. You can have 🍅Tomato soup with chickpeas (vegetarian)🍅 using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 🍅Tomato soup with chickpeas (vegetarian)🍅
- It’s 1 jar of chickpeas.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 150 ml of tomato frito.
- Prepare of coriander.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vinagre.
- It’s 1 pack of tomato vegetable soup mix.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of flour.
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of moroccan spices: ras el hanout (available in supermarket).
- You need 1,5 liter of water.
The soup was great but i decided to tweek it a little. I then placed the tomatoes and chickpeas in the sauce pot and added the remaining ingredients. Finnally I added a little shredded roast chicken and i was in. Next, stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, rosemary (fresh or dried), salt, pepper and water.
🍅Tomato soup with chickpeas (vegetarian)🍅 step by step
- Mix the tomatoes, coriander and tomato frito together with a blender. Put this in the pan with the chickpeas. Add the spices and vinagre. Bring slowly to the boil..
- Add the water and let it cook on a low fire for about 15 minutes..
- Mix the tomato vegetable soup mix with the flour and then add a little bit of cold water until you get a slightly thick paste..
- Then add about 400 ml of cold water to the soup/ pan and pour the paste into the pan. Stir the soup on a low fire to mix all the ingredients and let it (slowly don't let it boil) on the cooker for about 10 minutes..
- Enjoy you're soup!.
Third, blend the ingredients in batches. Puree only a few cups for a chunkier soup or all the ingredients for a creamy chickpea soup. Last, stir in the balsamic vinegar and lemon. The tomato chickpea soup recipe below however is only loosely inspired by harira. This healthy vegan soup contains no lentils or meat and uses lime instead of lemon juice.