Hippie Pork Roulades. Roll the pork loin around the filling and into a log, wrapping the caul fat around it in an even layer. Tie with butcher's twine to secure. Coat a pan with olive oil and place it over medium-high.
Starting from the center, slice each half lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open so pork is flat. Place plastic wrap over pork; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. In a small sauce pan, melt butter and whisk in flour to make a roux. You can cook Hippie Pork Roulades using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hippie Pork Roulades
- It’s of pork loin.
- You need of Blueberry Chipotle Barbeque Sauce (see my page for recipe).
- It’s of red cabbage.
- Prepare of jalapeño peppers, seeds removed.
- It’s of carrots.
- It’s of goat cheese.
- You need of golden flax seeds.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of worcestershire sauce.
Whisk in beef broth and cook over med-high heat until mixture bubbles and thickens making a gravy. Remove saucepan from heat and pour gravy over pork rouladens. I think I would like it with pork even better. I make it in a crock pot, with beef broth and some gravy mix (the only time I ever use gravy mix) and it is so easy, and makes the house.
Hippie Pork Roulades step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Slice the pork loin into manageable portions–a size that you would want to eat, or between 3 and 6 oz. You'll know what's right..
- Using the flat side of a meat tenderizer, gently flatten the loins to about 1/3 their original thickness. Use as much force as you would when hitting a nail with a hammer, but if you were scared to hit your thumb. About 30% of the hardest you can do..
- Slather the flattened loins with barbecue sauce..
- Next, crumble goat, or any kind of cheese all over the barbecue sauce. I used fresh mozzarella for half and they were great too..
- Sprinkle flax seeds and diced jalapeños atop the goat cheese..
- Sprinkle on some grated carrots next, and then top with a red cabbage leaf, torn to an appropriate width. The veins of the leaves may need to be removed to get a tight roll..
- Roll the loins rather tightly into a cylinder. If it's too loose, you may need a toothpick to secure the outer flap of the meat..
- Lightly grease a deep dish pan with olive oil..
- Place the roulades into the pan, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, ginger, and anything else you might want. Don't forget that there are already jalapeños in the pork, so beware of spicy marinades..
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. It'll be OK if they're not fully cooked. Pull them out anyways..
- Remove from oven, and turn up to 425°. Remove foil, and slather a final coat of barbecue sauce on the outside of the pork..
- Bake uncovered for 5-7 minutes more, until the barbecue sauce hardens slightly..
- Remove the roulades gently from the dish, and either serve whole or slice them crosswise if desired. Enjoy!!!.
Dice the onion into a small dice, mince the garlic, and peel and grate the ginger. Core and slice the apples into thin wedges, then chop the wedges into small ¼-inch chunks, reserving some full wedges for serving. See more ideas about pork, pork recipes, pork dishes. Season the outside of the roulade with the remaining salt and pepper. The Best Pork Tenderloin Roulade Recipes on Yummly