Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp. Add the vegetables, chicken, and shrimp, and stir-fry until chicken and shrimp are browned and cooked. Take a wok and heat the oil in it. As the oil gets hot add the shallots, red chilly flakes, the chopped garlic, green chillies, kaffir lime leaves and the lemon grass.
Add drained noodles and toss until coated evenly. Add in cilantro, peanuts, bean sprouts, and green onions. Heat peanut oil in large frying pan or wok. You can cook Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp
- It’s of Rice noodles noodles (14 oz) or any other.
- Prepare of chicken of thin boneless , cut into strips.
- Prepare of shrimp medium size (de-shelled and de-veined).
- You need of cabbage shredded.
- It’s of green beans french cut.
- Prepare of carrot julienned pieces.
- Prepare of mushrooms sliced.
- You need of broccoli (optional).
- You need of peanut oil.
- You need of chopped garlic.
- Prepare of shallot red onion medium size / cut into thin slices.
- Prepare of green chili medium size chopped into tiny pieces.
- Prepare of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare of lemon grass pieces (fresh or the ones in a jar).
- Prepare of Kaffir lime . leaves.
- Prepare of sauce pad thai (store bought or home made as per recipe given below).
- You need of oyster sauce.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- It’s of salt or per taste.
- Prepare of For garnish:.
- Prepare of lime juice.
- Prepare of Cilantro Fresh finely chopped leaves.
- You need of peanuts roasted (crushed).
- It’s of Egg omelet pieces*.
Add garlic, chicken, shrimp and red pepper flakes. Push ingredients to the side of the pan (if the pan is dry, drizzle in a little oil). Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in pan. Add the chicken, prawns, eggs and tamarind sauce.
Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp step by step
- Boil water in a huge pot. Once it starts boiling take it off the stove and add the noodles and let them soak them in the hot water for about 6-7 minutes (Check the specific directions on your rice noodles package). Then drain the water and wash the noodles with cold water and again drain and add a tsp of vegetable oil and keep aside..
- Take a wok and heat the oil in it. As the oil gets hot add the shallots, red chilly flakes, the chopped garlic, green chillies, kaffir lime leaves and the lemon grass. Stir for about 1 minute and then add the pad thai sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce..
- Next add the chicken pieces and keep stir ring on high heat to let the chicken cook. Next add the shrimp too and stir on high heat for about 1 minute. Next add the vegetables and add the salt again stirring constantly. you can cover with a lid for about 1-2 minutes to let the vegetables steam..
- Finally add the noodles and stir well. Add the garnish ingredients and serve immediately while hot..
- To make Egg Omelet:.
- Take a small pan and heat with some oil in it. Take two eggs and beat well. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and pour onto the heated pan. Cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes covering with a lid. Flip onto a plate and when cooled cut into long and thin strips..
- Recipe for Pad thai sauce:.
- 1 inch ball of tamarind soaked in warm water.
- 1 tbsp fish sauce.
- 1 tbsp of jaggery(or molasses).
- Make tamarind pulp out of the soaked tamarind ball by squeezing by hand and then straining through a strainer to get any seed or big chunks out. Take this pulp in a small pan, add the fish sauce and the jaggery pieces and heat on the stove for about 4-5 minutes till the jaggery is dissolved completely and till you get a thick sauce..
Toss with the noodles until well-coated. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and return pasta to pot. Stir in soy sauce mixture, shrimp, carrots, peanuts, green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired. Pad Thai Noodles If you like Thai flavours then you will love this dish of Pad Thai Noodles with chicken and shrimp.