Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells. In a large bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, romano cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, hot sauce, soaked breadcrumbs with all liquid and cooled shallot and garlic. That's all there is to it! Line a baking sheet with foil and spray foil with non stick spray Combine breadcrumbs, beaten egg and cream in a bowl to soak, set aside Make the ricotta-herb mixture: combine the ricotta cheese, basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
Repeat process until all meatballs have been stuffed into a pasta shell. Meatball stuffed jumbo pasta shells with tomato sauce Jumbo pasta shells are filled with juicy meatballs and smothered with a tasty tomato sauce. Cover with cheese, bake in the oven and you'll have a meal that will have the whole family coming back for seconds. You can cook Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells
- You need of MEATBALLS.
- It’s of lean ground beef.
- You need of ground pork.
- Prepare of cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of large shallot, chopped.
- Prepare of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- It’s of fresh breadcrumbs.
- It’s of romano cheese, fresh grated.
- You need of Italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- It’s of hot sauce, such as Frank's brand.
- Prepare of large egg, beaten.
- You need of Italian four cheese blend , cut into 1 inch cubes and frozen while making meatballs.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of PASTA AND SAUCE.
- It’s of jumbo pasta shells, you will need about 18 to 20, cooked.
- It’s of recipe marinara sauuce, recipe attached in direction step #9 or your favorite marinara sauce.
- You need of TOPPING.
- It’s of shredded Italian four cheese blend.
Take a different approach to spaghetti and meatballs and try our Meatball-Stuffed Shells instead! These stuffed shells are sure to change the game when it comes to pasta. Enjoy the delicious flavors of these Meatball-Stuffed Shells for mealtime. When pasta is slightly uncooked, remove, drain, and lightly rinse.
Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells instructions
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray foil with non stick spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, beaten egg and cream in a bowl to soak, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet, add shallot and garlic and cook until softened, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, romano cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, hot sauce, soaked breadcrumbs with all liquid and cooled shallot and garlic. Mix with a fork or your hands until well combined.
- Form meatballs into an oval shape to fit inside the cooked jumbo shell.
- Flatten ball to place a frozen cheese cube in the center.
- Completely enclose cheese cube in meat ball.
- Continue to form meatballs with chesse cubes. Place on prepared pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes just until cooked.
- Place a cooked jumbo shell on work surface, put about a tablespoon of marinara sauce in shell, then fit one meatball in. Marinara sauce recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.
- At this point to cook all of the meatball stuffed shells place in a baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer, before adding them to baking dish add a layer of marinara sauce then the stuffed shells, topping with more marinara sauce and shredded cheese. Bake at 375 just until hot about 15 to 20 minutes. An alternative is to frezze the shells individually and take out as many as you want. Cover a serving dish with sauce add your shells, topping with more sauce and shredded cheese and microwave or bake until hot.
Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle cheese over the top. Stuffed Shells are an Italian-American pasta dish featuring jumbo shells stuffed with a ricotta filling and covered with sauce. Popular fillings for stuffed shells are Three-Cheese, Spinach and Cheese, and of course, Stuffed Shells with Meat! Mix well and fill each cooked pasta shell. Remove the stuffed shells from the plastic tray and place into dish.