Keto Carrot Cake. Whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add the carrot, eggs, butter, vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix. This is a perfect size for.
Low-Carb Carrot Cake Beat eggs, melted butter, sweetener, and vanilla together. Add grated/shredded carrot, walnuts, and coconut then mix almond meal/flour, spices and baking powder. Pour into a greased and lined tin. You can cook Keto Carrot Cake using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Keto Carrot Cake
- It’s of Carrot Sponge.
- You need of carrot cake.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- It’s of granulated erythritol.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of vanilla essence.
- You need of almond flour.
- You need of coconut flour.
- You need of cinnamon.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of xanthan gum.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of chopped walnuts.
- You need of Cream cheese frosting.
- Prepare of mascarpone cheese.
- You need of double cream.
- It’s of powdered erythritol.
- It’s of Vanilla essence.
This keto carrot cake is made with a handful of common keto baking ingredients. To replace traditional grain flours, we're using a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour. And to replace white granulated sugar, we're using a sugar substitute like erythritol or Swerve. Your low carb carrot cake will be done when you touch the center and it bounces gently back.
Keto Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides with non-stick spray..
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and granulated erythritol toghether. On medium speed add eggs, one at the time. Add vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl add all dry ingredients and mix well, breaking up any lumps..
- Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture on low speed until combined..
- Stir in the grated carrots and chopped nuts..
- Bake for 30 – 35 min, until the top is set and an insert toothpick comes out clean..
- Let the cake cool inside the pan for 15 min, then remove onto a cooling rack until completely cooled..
- For frosting, add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well on medium speed until the frost is nice and stif..
- To assemble the cake, cut it into two equal slices. Spread half of the cream in between the layers and keep the other half for top. Use some chopped walnuts for decorating!.
You could also insert a toothpick to check for doneness. This keto carrot cake is one of the best keto dessert recipes you can make. It's sweet, crunchy, and overall delicious. That said, even though this carrot cake is keto friendly, it will remind you of the cake you ate as a kid. The walnut pieces are optional, but work perfectly taste-wise.