Beef and Cheese Empanadas. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add ground beef and cook, breaking meat up. Lift both edges of the round and seal the edges using your fingers.
Eat these beef and cheese empanadas on their own or with a nice salad! These cheesy ground beef empanadas are full of deliciously seasoned ground beef, loaded with two types of cheese and then baked to perfection. The flaky pie crust that surrounds the meat and cheese is so flaky and golden brown. You can have Beef and Cheese Empanadas using 27 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and Cheese Empanadas
- You need of EMPANADA FILLING.
- Prepare of lean ground beef.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- You need of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of chopped parsley.
- It’s of poblano pepper, chopped.
- It’s of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare of cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of button mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare of 10 ounce can Rotel tomatos,with mild chilis.
- You need of honey.
- You need of large egg, beaten.
- Prepare of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- You need of grated romano cheese.
- Prepare of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of EMPANADAS WRAPPERS.
- Prepare of thawed frozen empanada pastry rounds, I used Goza brand or homemade.
- It’s of egg wash, which is 1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water.
- It’s of grated romano cheese.
- Prepare of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- It’s of FOR SERVING, AS A DIPPING SAUCE.
- Prepare of recipe Chipotle Ranch dipping sauce. Recipe attached in directions.
This delicious cheesy ground beef empanada recipe is one I've been meaning to share with you all. Place a spoonful of beef filling on the dough, sprinkle with a teaspoon of shredded cheddar cheese, and fold it shut. Press on the edge with a fork on both sides to seal. Fry each side of the empanadilla in hot oil.
Beef and Cheese Empanadas step by step
- Combine the ground beef with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley..
- Chop all vegetables..
- In a large skillet , heat oil, add seasoned ground beef and brown..Add all.chopped vegetables and cook until.vegetables are tender about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with all juices, cream and honey. Cook until well blended and not much liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Add beaten egg and mix in thoroughly..
- Off heat add cheddar and romano cheese, mix in and cool filling completely. This can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days before filling pastry..
- FILL EMPANADA PASTRY CIRCLES.
- Lay pastry flat on work surface, brush inside edges with egg wash..
- Put a heaping tablespoon filling in the center of pastry..
- .lift pastry over to Completely enclose filling. Press all edges to seal..
- With the tines of a fork press to completely seal in filling..
- Brush empanada with egg wash.
- With a quick stab poke the tines of a fork in top of empanada for venting.In a small bowl mix the romano and granulated garlic, sprinkle evenly on tops of empanadas.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Place empanadas about 2 inches apart on prepared sheet. Bake 18 to 23 minutes until puffed and golden brown..
- Serve with Chipotle Ranch Dip/ Sauce recipe attached bellow https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341757-chipotle-ranch-dip-sauce-spread-andor-dressing.
- NOTE; These can be individually frozen after cooling completely. Reheat in a 400 oven on a rack until just hot and crisp about 5 to 10 minutes..
Remove when the empanadilla has a light golden brown color. Most of the ingredients to make this Puerto Rican empanada recipe are straightforward: ground beef, diced potatoes, tomato sauce, olives, water, salt, and shredded cheese (we use Monterey Jack!). However, you will also need Sazón con Azafran and Sofrito. Stir in chili powder, salt and tomatoes. Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.