Candy Bar Cake. Stand the cake on its side and slice in half horizontally to make two equal-size. Immediately poke top of cake all over with toothpick or fork. Mix condensed milk and caramel topping; spoon over warm cake, allowing it to soak in.
Pour sweetened condensed milk over cake, allowing cake to absorb. Pour caramel topping over cake, allowing cake to absorb. Grate or shave the other bar and set aside for garnishing. You can have Candy Bar Cake using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Candy Bar Cake
- It’s of chocolate.
- You need 1 box of Chocolate Fudge or Swiss Chocolate cake mix.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 small of box instant vanilla pudding mix.
- Prepare 1 of whipped cream cheese frosting recipe.
- Prepare 2 large of candy bars of choice crushed up approx. 1 cup.
You can cut back on the bars if desired by not using as many in the frosting. Sprinkle each frosted layer with half of the finely chopped candy. Stack these layers on cake plate, frosted sides up. Place the remaining cake layer on top, rounded side up.
Candy Bar Cake instructions
- Prepare 3- 9" round cake pans with oil & flour. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix all the ingredients (except frosting & candy bars) med speed with a mixers for 2 minutes until blended. Batter will be thick..
- Put equal amounts of batter in each cake pan. Batter will be thick so spread it around evenly..
- Bake on 350 for approx. 20-25 minutes. Check with a toothpick or knife inserted until comes out clean..
- Place on a plate or cake carrier with strips of wax paper under the edges to avoid the plate from being real messy after frosting..
- Use my whipped cream cheese frosting recipe to frost the first layer, (top only) https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368025-whipped-cream-cheese-icing.
- Coat the top with crushed candy bar. I used 2 extra large Butterfingers..
- Add next cake round & repeat. Add top cake round & frost the sides. It is messy but if the frosting is refrigerated beforehand it is easier..
- Coat the top & sides with crushed candy bars. The sides are hard to do. You may have to pat it on with your hand. Refrigerated any leftovers..
Then start gluing the candy bars to the foams in the same direction and as toppings use smaller candies and toffees. This candy bar cake is the perfect solution to leftover Halloween candy. Chop up a mixture of your favorite candy bars and turn them into a delicious cake. If you don't have leftover Halloween, you will want to buy yourself some candy bars so you can make this delicious cake! These beautiful Halloween cakes are simple to make when you keep a few tips in mind: Save elbow grease by using a sharp, sturdy knife to chop candy bars with nuts or caramel; hard candies will crush easily if pulsed several times in a food processor; and make sure your cake layers are completely cooled before frosting.