Candy's Taco Salad. When meat and beans are done, and veggies are prepped, begin to layer your Taco salad on your plate, I placed our chips down then the hot refried beans Meat, salsa, Guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese and sour cream. Any order you prefer🙂 Great recipe for Candy's Taco Salad. I crave certain foods at different times.
I try to do as much from scratch as possible. I made our Guacomale, salsa, refined beans, etc. I like to control The salt and other ingredients. You can cook Candy's Taco Salad using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Candy's Taco Salad
- It’s 1-2 pounds of Ground chuck.
- It’s 2 of large sweet onions diced (1 for meat, one for topping).
- You need of I minced 5 Cloves of fresh Garlic.
- Prepare of I diced 5 Roma tomatoes cleaned out the seeds ( two for topping and three for Guacamole.
- You need 3 of large Haas Avacados pitted and smashed.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need of Zest of one Lime.
- You need of About one cup for topping Finely Shreddd cheese, (I used walmarts finely shredded Fiesta Cheese mix).
- You need of Chopped lettuce… I used romaine.
- You need 1 cup of f pre sliced Black Olives. I sliced mine.
- Prepare of Make your own salsa (see recipe n my page) or use your favorite.
- Prepare of Cilantro to you taste my hubby likes more than I do.
- You need of Option: I used one Jalepeño, and diced more for hubby to add.
- You need of We used On the Border Bag Tortillas, we like those and Mission for our salsa,.
- You need of Sour Cream. I like to use Daisy sour cream or Chobani Greek yogurt.
- You need of Seasonings: chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, fresh ground pepper,.
- Prepare of Kosher or sea salt, to taste….
About Food Exercise Apps Community Blog Premium. Generic Generic – Candi's Taco Salad. How does this food fit into your daily goals? To assemble a Wendy's Taco Salad, start by placing your lettuce in a bowl.
Candy's Taco Salad instructions
- I cooked my meat, when meat was almost done I added onions, garlic, seasonings, While my meat is cooking on low, I used a medium skillet, I added oil set the heat to low, I mashed my beans with a fork until almost smooth. I then added my 20 ounce can of rinsed and mashed kidney beans… To an old skillet n low. Stirring frequently..
- When meat and beans are done, and veggies are prepped, begin to layer your Taco salad on your plate, I placed our chips down then the hot refried beans Meat, salsa, Guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cheese and sour cream… Any order you prefer🙂.
Sprinkle your cheddar cheese and tomatoes over your lettuce. Top with broken corn tortilla chips and heated chili. Top with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy your heavenly salad. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss until well-combined. Serve, topped with crushed corn chips if desired.