Black bean burgers. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Wide Variety of Hand-crafted Burgers, Steaks & More.
Trim and finely chop the spring onions. Place both in a mixing bowl. Season, then scrunch the bean mixture together. You can cook Black bean burgers using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black bean burgers
- You need 2 can (15 oz) of black beans.
- You need 1 of each red onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of each red bell pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 2 of each Jalapeño (seeded and chopped).
- It’s 2 of each Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Frozen corn.
- It’s 1 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 2 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Chipotle powder.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cummin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
Meanwhile, sauté olive oil, chopped pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until peppers and onions are soft, about. Alternate Method: Make the Burgers By Hand Mince the garlic and scallions, and then finely chop the walnuts. In the bottom of a wide bowl, mash the black beans with a fork. Stir in the oats, chopped walnuts, garlic, scallions, spices, tamari, vinegar, and maple syrup.
Black bean burgers instructions
- Drain and rinse beans. Mash beans in large bowl..
- Saute onion, green pepper, corn, and Jalapeño in vegetable oil approx five minutes..
- Add sauted vegetables, salsa, bread crumbs, Chipotle powder, garlic powder, cummin, black pepper, and salt to mashed beans. Mix well. Adjust mixture to desired consistency by add more flour or salsa..
- Cut parchment paper into 12 squares approx 6"x 6".
- Scoop mashed beans mixture by 1/3 cupfulls into individual pieces of parchment paper. Mash with fingers forming into patties..
- Transfer patties into a preheated skillet with vegetable oil and fry about six minutes on each side over medium high heat..
- Eat and enjoy!.
- Let remaining patties cool completely and transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze patties. Then transfer to freezer bags and enjoy later in lunches etc..
In a bowl, mash the beans to a coarse paste. Mix in the finely chopped chilli, onions, coriander and breadcrumbs. Meanwhile, using a fork, mash the avocado with the lime juice, yogurt and a pinch of salt, until smooth. I make these burgers with black beans because they are packed with protein and fibre. If you don't have black beans, then kidney beans are a great alternative.