14 Layer Chocolate Cake. Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Wax paper & grease cake pans. Have batter a little thinner than usual.
Learn how to cook great Fourteen layer chocolate cake. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Fourteen layer chocolate cake recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Fourteen layer chocolate cake recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. You can have 14 Layer Chocolate Cake using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 14 Layer Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of sweet milk aka whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla flavoring.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter flavoring.
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
After the frosting has set on the cake Nearly like store bought icing then smooth the sides with the frosting that has oozed onto the plate. I suggest using a plate that is at least an inch in depth (A tupperware. Sift together into mixing. vanilla and cooled chocolate . Using an offset spatula, spread batter as evenly as possible on bottom of pans.
14 Layer Chocolate Cake instructions
- Sift flour and baking powder…set aside..
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy..
- Add 1 egg at a time, beat well..
- Add flour mixture alternate with milk. Beat until well blended..
- Stir in vanilla and butter flavoring..
- You may use any 9 inch pan..
- Use shortening to grease pans and sprinkle with flour. I use Baker's Joy..
- Be sure to wash pans after each layers to prevent a build up in pans..
- Spread 1/2 cup of batter in pans and bake at 375 preheated oven until lightly brown..
- You can put layers on wire rack or clean towels until cool. I just start building my cake as I get them out..
- FROSTING l do my frosting first so it can cool down..
- Melt butter in a 4 quart sausepan..
- Mix cocoa and sugar and evaporated milk..
- Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and cook 2 mins. STIRRING CONSTANTLY while cooking. Remove from heat and cool. It will be thin. Spread generously between layers on top and sides of cake..
Remove from pan by placing a wire rack on top of pan and inverting pan to release cake layer. Have batter a little thinner than usual. Just dry out, do not cook too long or allow to get brown. INSTRUCTIONS mix oil, butter, sugar & eggs then add flour and milk alternately. Here is how you achieve it.