Congee. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Great Products On eBay.
The word 'congee' itself is a derivation of the Tamil word கஞ்சி (IPA: /ˈkəɲdʑiː/) or kanji. When eaten as plain rice congee, it is most often served with side dishes. When additional ingredients such as meat, fish, and flavourings are added while preparing the congee, it is most. You can have Congee using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Congee
- It’s of Chicken cut into chunks.
- Prepare of boiled egg.
- It’s of Dried mushroom, slice cubes.
- You need of ginger.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- It’s of Spring onion.
- It’s of Roasted garlic.
- Prepare of Century egg, slice into small pcs.
- It’s of Millet.
- You need of Rice.
- You need of Dried scallop.
Congee is a good source of carbohydrates and protein with nearly no fat or sugar, and the high water content is hydrating. Congee has been a staple in Chinese diets for centuries, and it has played an integral role in traditional Chinese medicine. This simple comfort food is easy to digest and is often used to relieve gastrointestinal discomfort. The congee is a great meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- Wash rice and millet,put in a large pot. Add in dried scallop, century egg and let it boil..
- Meanwhile, saute ginger, chicken and dried mushroom.until the chicken turns golden brown. Then pour it in the pot. Let it simmer until it cooks..
- Boil egg and mix it with congee.Add roasted garlic and spring onion if you desired..
Congee is the ultimate comfort food in Asian cuisine. The word "congee" derives from Tamil, and different Asian cultures have their own version of this delectable, often savory, rice porridge. In a large sieve, rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Congee was said to improve complexion when eaten in the spring, relieve internal heat when eaten in the summer, nourish the body when eaten in the fall, and warm the stomach when eaten in the winter. As can be seen, congee is a nutritional food no matter what time of the year one consumes it.