Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake. To make cheese layer whip all ingredients except the flour until smooth. next, add the flour and mix until blended. Pour cheese mixture over cake batter and swirl together with a knife. (there's a lot of cheese mixture so I just pour it on top before swirling) Sprinkle cherries over cake. Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake step by step.
Dot top with cherries, and sprinkle with crumb topping. Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake This recipe is as delicious as it looks. Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake You'll like the texture of this tender coffee cake. You can have Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake
- It’s of Streusel Topping (see my page for recipe).
- Prepare of frozen cherries.
- Prepare of Cake Layer.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of white sugar.
- It’s of vanilla.
- It’s of large eggs.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of cheese layer.
- You need of softened cream cheese.
- Prepare of large egg.
- You need of flour.
- You need of white sugar.
- It’s of Reserved cherry juice.
The sour cream pairs well with the cherries, and the crunchy almonds make a nice accent. Be the first to review this recipe. The tender vanilla cake is complemented by juicy, fresh sour cherries, and the crumb topping. This recipe is as delicious as it looks.
Sour Cherry Cheese Crumb Cake step by step
- Thaw cherries reserving liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Grease and flour a 9×13 cake pan.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes..
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat mixture an additional 5 minutes. Will resemble frosting..
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Alternate adding flour and buttermilk. To the egg mixture. Start and end with dry ingredients, mixing just until blended..
- Spread cake batter into prepared pan. It will be thick..
- To make cheese layer whip all ingredients except the flour until smooth. next, add the flour and mix until blended..
- Pour cheese mixture over cake batter and swirl together with a knife. (there's a lot of cheese mixture so I just pour it on top before swirling).
- Sprinkle cherries over cake..
- Sprinkle streusel topping over cherries..
- Place on center rack in oven and bake 35-45 minutes. You'll know it's done when the house fills with the smell of this cake. Insert a skewer to test. When it comes out clean it's fully baked..
I frozen some of my sour cherries while they were in season to use for this, but you can buy them already pitted at your local grocery store. Make the cakes: Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. With a mixer, cream butter and granulated sugar in another bowl until pale and fluffy. Working in alternating batches, add flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Top with cherries and then crumb topping.