Blueberry Crumb Cake. For the streusel: Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter and then the flour. For the cake: Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out with a knife. Spoon batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle with topping. Sprinkle the rest of blueberries and then the remaining crumb topping. You can cook Blueberry Crumb Cake using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Crumb Cake
- Prepare of Crumb topping:.
- Prepare 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of White Sugar.
- You need of Zest of 1 Lemon.
- It’s 8 Tbsps of Butter, Melted.
- Prepare of For the cake:.
- It’s 1 3/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 Cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 2 of tsps Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 Cups of Fresh Blueberries.
Smooth the bottom and sides of the pan so the paper is flat. Add the blueberries to a small bowl. Sift a a tablespoon of powdered sugar over the top and gently toss to combine. Sweet and old-fashioned, Blueberry Crumb Cake is always a delicious and comforting addition to your breakfast or brunch menu.
Blueberry Crumb Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Grease & flour a 9 inch baking pan..
- Crumb topping: Mix the flour, sugar & lemon zest together in a small bowl. Add melted butter, stir with fork until the mixture is crumbly; set aside..
- For the cake: Combine the dry ingredients together in a small bowl & set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream & vanilla extract until well blended..
- Add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients & mix until smooth..
- Spoon & spread batter evenly into prepared pan..
- Cover batter with blueberries & sprinkle crumb topping over the blueberries evenly..
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, topping should be golden brown & a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean..
Today is the anniversary of the day I married my man. We are being completely spontaneous this year but it's my hope that soon after this post is published we'll be on the road to an undisclosed location. In a large bowl, beat the butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Whisk milk, melted butter, egg, almond extract, and lemon zest together in a separate bowl; add to the flour mixture and stir just until thick and smooth. Pioneer woman blueberry crumb cake is just a good, basic, deliciously simple way to use up those blueberries in your fridge.