Nadan Mutta Roast (Kerala Style Egg Roast) Dry Egg Curry Recipe. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Great recipe for Nadan Mutta Roast (Kerala Style Egg Roast) Dry Egg Curry Recipe. #indiankitchen #risenshine #meetthemeat #momlove #goldenapron #streetfoodofindia #chefbypassion #itsprocessoverproduct Kerala Egg roast is dry/semi-dry spicy egg curry to serve with Hot and fluffy appams or idiyappam as traditional Kerala breakfast. This egg roast dry curry is also known as nadan mutta roast in Kerala.
Ingredients of Nadan Mutta Roast (Kerala Style Egg Roast) Dry Egg Curry Recipe
- It’s 5 of Eggs (Boiled).
- It’s 2 of Onions (Medium sized) Finely Chopped.
- You need 2 of Green Chillies (Chopped).
- You need 2 of Tomatoes (Finely Chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger Paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Kashmiri Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fennel Seeds Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1 Sprig of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Hot Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- It’s of As required Salt.
You can make gravy egg curry or dry egg curry, both ways it tastes great. Dry Kerala egg curry is more known as Kerala egg roast or Kerala Mutta roast. Here is my Kerala Egg Roast recipe. Another curry with coconut gravy base is Kolhapuri egg curry.
Nadan Mutta Roast (Kerala Style Egg Roast) Dry Egg Curry Recipe step by step
- Boil the Eggs with 1 tsp Salt. Deshell. Make some slits over the eggs vertically and keep it aside. (Adding salt prevents the crackling of eggs while boiling).
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and shallow fry the boiled eggs, on low flame, turning it frequently for couple of minutes, or until they start to turn light brown. Remove and keep it aside..
- In the same pan, saute the chopped onions till it turns translucent..
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste and saute for a couple of minutes till the ginger garlic gives off it's aroma..
- Add green chillies and curry leaves and saute. Add all spice powders except garam masala and saute till the raw smell goes..
- Add chopped tomatoes and Salt. Saute till the tomatoes are soft and mushy and oil separates from the pan.. (Salt helps the tomatoes to cook faster). If the mixture is dry, you can add about 1/4 Cup of water..
- Add garam masala and mix it well..
- Add the fried eggs and toss it well. (Do not stir the mixture too hard after adding the eggs or the eggs might crumble)..
- Cook it on low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat..
- Delicious Egg Roast is ready to be served as a side dish with Appam or any Indian Bread..
But taste wise and flavor wise it tastes absolutely. This is a kerala style mutta roast where eggs are boiled, peeled and cooked in the masala gravy. This is usually called as nadan mutta roast in some parts of south india and the gravy made is a spicy onion tomato gravy into which few spices are added and cooked well. Other popular egg recipes to be tried are: Boiled eggs cooked in spicy onion tomato masala gravy. This Kerala Egg Roast / Nadan mutta roast without coconut is one of the easy and tasty side dishes that you can prepare very quickly.