Biscuits (Simple). Rank higher on search engines and drive visitors to your website from popular news sites. Put the butter in a bowl and beat it with electric beaters until soft and creamy. Bake these classic shortbread biscuits to wow a crowd.
Add the vanilla, mix, then add the flour and mix well. Using biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray. Place the flour, butter and sugar in a bowl. You can cook Biscuits (Simple) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Biscuits (Simple)
- It’s of batter.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 300 grams of plain flour.
- You need 1 of baking powder(until batter gets non sticky).
- It’s 250 grams of softened butter.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 140 grams of caster sugar.
Rub together with your fingers (or put into a food processesor!) until fine. Add the vanilla extract and a little milk until the mixture sticks together. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on the baking tray. Measure the butter into a bowl and beat to soften.
Biscuits (Simple) instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°c/gas 4..
- Mix butter in a large bowl with a wooden spoon,then add egg yolk and vanilla extract.briefly beat to combine.sift flour and mix until combined.Add baking powder till the batter gets non-sticky.
- Roll out on a board covered in flour and cut out with a cookie cutter.Put on a non-sticky baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes.Put on a cooling rack to firm it up.
Gradually beat in the sugar and then the flour. Cut in shortening with fork or pastry blender. Mix in milk until dough is soft,. Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer, or take it in turns with the kids to cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until pale and fluffy.