Bubble Bread (Monkey Bread) From Scratch!. Homemade monkey bread from scratch and give cinnamon rolls a run for their money! Little bubbles of bread are coated in butter, cinnamon and sugar. Melt the butter, pudding mix, sugar, cinnamon and salt and whisk together.
If you find that the bread is browning quickly, cover it with foil. Let the bread cool in the pan for ten minutes, then turn it out onto a plate for serving. Be sure to serve this one up warm—it's just too tasty this way. You can have Bubble Bread (Monkey Bread) From Scratch! using 17 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bubble Bread (Monkey Bread) From Scratch!
- Prepare 1 of For the.
- Prepare of Sweet Dough Recipe Ingredients.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 3/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1 packages of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- You need of bubble ring ingredients.
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- You need 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- You need 1 of prepared sweet dough.
- Prepare 1 cup of cinnamon and sugar mixture.
You can also stick a knife into the middle of the monkey bread (carefully): if it comes out nearly clean, the monkey bread is read; if it comes out slightly dough and gooey, then it needs more time. Though from-scratch monkey bread takes longer to prepare than a shortcut version made with canned biscuit dough, the results are incomparable. Once you smell the gooey cinnamon sugar bubbling in the oven, you'll know you made the right decision. Star Bread ; Biscuit Breakfast Casserole; Raspberry Twist Bread; Apple Cinnamon Rolls; Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake.
Bubble Bread (Monkey Bread) From Scratch! step by step
- combine two cups of flour and yeast in a large bowl.
- warm together: milk, sugar, shortening and salt. DO NOT BOIL! Warm until shortening melts. stir constantly.
- add warm liquid to flour and yeast.
- add egg.
- with a mixer mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then on high for 3 minute..
- by hand stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- turn out onto a slightly flowered pastry sheet, knead until smooth.
- place the dough into a large bowl that has been greased, flip the dough over once so that the top side is greased also.
- cover loosely and let rise until doubled approximately 2 hours.
- once the dough is ready follow the next steps.
- preheat oven to 400°F Fahrenheit.
- mix together 2 tablespoons melted butter to tablespoons light corn syrup and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar.
- spread the mixture in the bottom of a 10 inch greased tube pan.
- sprinkle the raisins and cherries on top of the mixture.
- roll the dough into 48 equally sized balls.
- roll each ball in melted butter and then in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- arrange the dough balls in layers around the pan: let it rise briefly, until doubled..
- bake at 400°F in oven for 35 minutes.
- quickly flip the bread on to a heat safe dish.
- allow to completely cool before serving as sugars can cause burns to mouth.
Savory Monkey Bread from Scratch infused with fresh herbs and dipped in garlic butter and cheese. Monkey bread is also known as pull apart bread, pluck it cake, Hungarian coffee cake and bubble bread, among others. It's a soft bread dough rolled into balls and bathed in butter and cinnamon sugar before being baked. The balls stick together and form a pastry that is easily pulled apart with your fingers (like a monkey would eat.) Let's make Gooey Monkey Bread (from scratch)! Gather ingredients for the monkey bread.