Chocolate Crumb Cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Anyway, the way you make it is: Put the biscuits into a plastic bag or similar and whack repeatedly with a rolling pin.
It makes a great addition to the brunch menu – like the name suggest, it pairs great with a. Add cake mix and remaining ingredients for the cake to a medium sized mixing bowl. A toothpick should be inserted into the cake and then come out clean. You can cook Chocolate Crumb Cake using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Crumb Cake
- It’s 4 cups of flour.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder, mixed with 3 tsp flour.
- You need 4 1/2 Tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 4 1/2 Tbsp of boiling water.
- It’s 4 1/2 Tbsp of cocoa.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar.
Dust with powdered sugar or melted chocolate. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, butter, cocoa powder and cake flour. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer on low speed, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt and softened butter one piece at a time.
Chocolate Crumb Cake instructions
- Combine flour, sugar, vanilla, margarine, and oil. Mix well. Remove 1 1/2 cups and set aside to use for topping. Add eggs, juice, and cinnamon and flour/baking powder mixture. Mix well. Add oil, water, cocoa, confectioners sugar. Incorporate well. Pour into lined 10×16 pan. Top with reserved crumbs..
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes..
The mixture should resemble moist crumbs (I found using a pastry cutter to be helpful). cut the Plain chocolate into small pellets about the size of a finger nail. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the broken biscuits, apricots, raisins and pecans (optional). Spoon the mixture into the tin. Level the surface by pressing it down with a potato masher. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.