Chunky Rhubarb Tart. Here is how you do that. Here is how you cook that. You need of Filling (Marinated Rhubarb).
Pour the crème fraîche mixture into the pastry case, spreading it evenly, then arrange the rhubarb on top. Remove the beans and paper from the tart and spoon in the rhubarb mixture. Cover with the pastry top, trim and press on to the edges of the pastry base with your thumb and forefinger. You can cook Chunky Rhubarb Tart using 21 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chunky Rhubarb Tart
- You need of INGREDIENTS for 21cm tart.
- You need of Tart Dough.
- It’s 180 g of Butter.
- It’s 95 g of Sugar.
- It’s of Egg (about 1 Egg) 60g.
- It’s 40 g of Ground Almonds.
- Prepare 250 g of Flour.
- It’s of Filling (Marinated Rhubarb).
- You need 250 g of Rhubarb.
- Prepare 30 g of Sugar.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 100 g of Eggs (about 2 Eggs).
- It’s 20 g of Egg Yolk (about 1 Egg Yolk).
- You need 15 g of Cornstarch.
- You need 100 g of Icing Sugar.
- It’s 60 g of Yogurt.
- It’s 90 g of Milk.
- You need 180 g of Cream.
- It’s of Quantities for Exterior.
- Prepare 1 of Egg for egg wash.
- You need of Graham Cookie Crumbs (or cake crumbs).
Brush the top with egg and scatter with sugar. Leave to cool to room temperature and serve with thick custard or cream. Recipe taken from Mark Hix: The. Mix the sliced rhubarb with sugar and cornflour.
Chunky Rhubarb Tart step by step
- Operation Time / 30min Oven Temperature / 350F Baking Time / 20 min + 40 min.
- Marinated Rhubarb.
- Cut the rhubarb into pieces and add to a small bowl..
- Add the sugar to marinate. Keep in the fridge overnight..
- Tart Dough (http://www.chez-k.org/basics/tart-dough-pate-sucre/).
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Prepare tart dough. Bake following the making method. Bake until edges are lightly golden..
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg for the egg wash. Brush the egg solution on the surface of the tart..
- Bake another 5 min or until the egg wash is dry..
- Filling & build-up.
- Add the rhubarb to a strainer to drain the water. Set aside until use..
- Sift the cornstarch and icing sugar into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside until use..
- Add the eggs and egg yolk to a medium saucepan and whisk well..
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the egg solution and whisk well..
- Add the yogurt and whisk well..
- Add the milk and cream and whisk well..
- Strain the solution and wrap the top. Keep in your fridge for at least 30 min..
- Spread the graham cookie crumbs (quantities for exterior) on the tart crust evenly..
- Place the rhubarb pieces on top..
- Carefully pour the egg solution into the tart crust..
- Place the mold on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 40 min or until the filling is solid. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Spoon the rhubarb mixture onto the pastry on the pie plate. Tried, tested and timeless… a rhubarb and custard tart is one of life's greatest dessert combinations. We're hoping Gill Meller's addition of a little star anise won't ruffle too many feathers – it's a spice that goes exceptionally well with the other ingredients in the tart. Bake our eye-catching rhubarb & custard meringue tart for an impressive dinner party showstopper. Blitz some of the rhubarb and combine it with the custard filling for an extra flavour injection, then layer the remaining stems over in a pretty pink moisaic arrangement.